Sashin x Life!Reader

As a goddess of life, you always adored the creatures you created. They walked the planet with no clue as to what would happen to them in their life, always daring each other to do things that peaked their intrest.

When watching one of your oldest creations become ill, their breath becoming shakey as you watched from above.

"My (y/n)...," Your creation whispered. The cold draft that blew in the room was enough to put your nerves on edge, making you look back to see the one to take your creations soul.

His dark hair matched his eyes, casting a shadow over his face to disguise his emotions. With a few strides he made it over to your creation, allowing his hand to reach past her body and pull her spirit out of the vessel. With a frown, you watched as they were sent above, to the kingdom of the afterlife. You took a second to look into the black eyes of the reaper, your heart skipping a beat.

"It won't get any easier." He said to you. Sucking in a breath, you knew, losing that soul was the first of many of millions. Over and over you met, not bother talking for you both knew the humans could not see you, not unless they were on the brink of death like you and the reaper.

The silence between each other changed when the reaper hesitated, sparking hope in your system. Maybe he would spare this one person, allowing them to live.

"Please, just let me die....." He said with pain. It made your heart lurch, he wanted to get rid of the gift you bestowed upon him?

"Why...? You asked with sorrow. The scene of the humans crying over the now soulless husk passed, and you and the reaper we're the only beings that remained in the building.

The reaper turned back to look at you, not bothering to make eye contact with the spirit that floated away into the afterlife. "What that was, it wasn't living, it was dying." The said.

"Then tell me reaper, what is living?" You asked. He seemed taken aback by your accusing tone, offence flashing in his eyes.

"You do not know my name, miss (y/n)?" He asked. Your eyes widened at his own accusing question, your mind searching for his name. Did he ever tell you? Did you ever tell him your name? The man didn't wait for a response, disappearing with a puff of smoke. You frowned, it had been many millennium, yet you Did not know the name of the man who balanced your creations.

You didn't see him for a few years, allowing your mind to stray from providing life to the world. It was difficult to think about what was life, was what she was doing making everyone happy? She would have stayed like that forever, but a cold hand was presented on your shoulder. For three cold years, life was no longer being created, and it left the world in a slow tumble to death. You sat in the garden in which was always flourishing with life, many different coloured plants leaning into your touch. It was when your plants wilted away from a cold breeze when you snapped out of your daze.

"Reaper?" You questioned, throwing your head back. Indeed, it was him, his tired eyes looking back at you.

"(y/n), why have you been hiding here? I've been searching for you endlessly." He said calmly. You frowned, turning away from him once again.

"Reaper, life has no meaning without death, so why do we pursue something when we all die?" You asked. The man sat next to you, his mind also busy with that question. "Don't you wish to create life too?"

"I do, truly, but to live is....it's diffrent, you experience things no other has had, you get to discover hidden things that even we may not know about. Living is filling up to your purpose in life, it allows you to become who you are in the end." With each word, you could feel your heart warm more. Who knew this man could understand life when he took souls, since when did this man allow himself to become so depressed?