❪ i. ❫ GOOD TO BE BAD

( CHAPTER ONE

( CHAPTER ONE. )
GOOD TO BE BAD
touching old roots.

• • •

HISTORY DICTATES THAT WE must always be in touch of our past. Our origins are sacred based on how they shaped us to be as we step out onto the lands unknown to us. Our foundations have no limits on where it stirs our soul, each decision influencing it till eventually, you begin to feel it seep into your bones. Cultivating you into someone that you couldn't recognise by you from years ago.

Scarlett felt this. Deep within her, as she and her best friends sat in the royal limo, on the way back to the Isle where a mass of young villain kids awaited them. It had been two years since the events of Uma and yet, her mind was still guarded.

Her whole being was buzzing with an energy she couldn't place, her heterochromatic eyes barely taking in the sight of the golden bridge manifesting as their vehicle crossed over the body of water parting the two sides.

"I'm so excited about this." Evie breathed out, hands clutched with Carlos who could only nod with a splitting smile on his freckled face. Jay was still his noisy self as Scarlett was brought back into the time when they were about to leave the Isle of the Lost.

She knew there were some good kids in that evil-infested land that craved the right opportunity to show what they were made of to the right people who would accept them for who they were, not for the wicked persona they'd cultivated just to survive and fit in. Believe her, she knew all about it.

"Who do you think the others gonna take home?" Mal asked Scarlett, who turned to look to her friend who had a small smile present on her face. She could tell how excited Mal is, a candidate already in her mind from the times they'd looked over the applications sent by the kids from the Isle.

"To be honest, I don't care who they take home. As long as they know to themselves that the kid is better off in Auradon than in the Isle." Her practical answer made Mal's eyes widen by a fraction, already expecting her to have a favourite to take back.

"What about you? Who're you going to pick?" The Lady in Waiting wonders, green eyes pooling with curiosity.

"For the most part, as long as the kid isn't like me, then they're good." Scarlett grins, the others hearing this a letting out a whoop as the limo rolled into the Isle.

"All right, guys... Let's do this!"

• • •

As the cheering and the singing began in the Isle's square, with the other four hyping up the kids, Scarlett took it upon herself to roam in her Isle dedicated area, Scarlett's crossroads. The kids here were the ones kicked out by their Villain parents whenever they rebelled, some of them have gone without food and a shower for days just to prove their points to their parents.