❪ ii. ❫ CHANGE OF PLANS

( CHAPTER TWO

( CHAPTER TWO. )
CHANGE OF PLANS
the perfect moment just comes.

• • •

SCARLETT WAS READY TO skin someone alive the day of the Isle kids' arrival. As two weeks of preparation for the grand entrance of the Villain Kids have passed, lined up last-minute checks waiting for her approval just continued to pile up and to top it all off...

She couldn't find Mal.

The sneaky lettuce somehow got away whenever she was getting close without meaning to. All-day, Scarlett had felt like she's on a wild goose chase all the while organisers cornered her and pestered her with what blue shade of balloons to use.

Who the fuck gave a shit what colour they were, anyway? As long as the little shits floated anywhere, it was good enough for her. There was no remorse present within her as she uttered those words to the twitchy young woman that asked her the ridiculous inquiry. And there were none still present as the said woman ran off in a blubbering mess of tears.

Then she remembered, the girl was the daughter of Cogsworth. Oh, well.

As the sound of her boots' heels against the marble floors rang through the hall full of rushing students and flustered organisers, the mass of people rushing around parted for her like the Red Sea, allowing for her to pass as the frown on her face dared anyone to approach her one more fucking time.

"I swear to god, if I don't find her, Parker can get married on his own." Was the threat the brunette had thrown into the air of a hallway she'd turned to, leading to the area at the back of the school that was facing the open ocean.

The buzzing of her phone in the pocket of her dress was incessant, poking at the figurative vein she has whenever the stress had piled on way too much. Now, it was just threatening to pulse and break.

Roughly obtaining it out of her pocket, she thought of just throwing it out but the caller ID on the screen left her nothing but the choice to answer it. Sliding her finger across the screen, she placed the receiver against her ear as she began walking again.

"Why're you calling me? We literally just saw each other thirty minutes ago." Scarlett deadpans to Ben at the other side of the line, who was seated at his office as he faced the engagement documents Parker had presented for him to sign to fully give his blessing to what's happening later.

Ben, already used to the daily dose of sass he gets from his partner, only chuckled as he leaned back on his chair. "So, you've been counting the minutes too?"