«4»

We settled in our seats watching the lady behind the desk from the corner of our eyes.

"Lea!!" Someone called my name from a distance thus interrupting my thoughts.

"Did you hear that?" Luke asked.

I ignored him and listened carefully hoping that I'll be able to hear it this time.

"Lea are you there?" The voice called but this time closer.

Before I had the chance to process who the voice could be a lady rushed into the hospital doors breathless.

"Mom?"

"Lea! Where have you been? Everyone is looking for you!"She cried. She looked exhausted.

"Mom I'm fine.I had to come see Liz. That's all." I continued.

"Don't do that again Lea. You're grounded for 2 weeks." She frowned.

"Excuse me Ma'am but you should fill this form before entering the hospital. Also, may you keep it down. You are stressing the patients." The annoying lady behind the desk said.

Mom filled the form as I sat quietly in my seat.

I felt someone's huge hands rest on my tiny ones.

"J-jai" I said. "What are you doing?"

"Holding your hands" he smiled like a sloth.

"I know" I rolled my eyes. "I met you a couple of minutes ago"

"So?"

"Nothing but you're being too touchy for a stranger."

"It's the language of love" he smiled.

"Ugh you cheesy. Besides, aren't you in a relationship?" I said, pointing at his bracelet that had 'Lala' carved on it.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion while looking at his wrist.

"This?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"You're so silly. This is the name of our dog." He laughed.

Oh.

"Don't call me silly. I'm mature."

"Sure you are"

He laughed and then again we were interrupted by the doctor. It's funny how many times people interrupt you per minute in this hospital.

"Um Lya...Lia..." He mumbled trying to pronounce my name.

"It's L-E-A. LEAAAA" I corrected.

"Right. It doesn't matter. Are you Elizabeth Anderson's sister?" He asked.

"Yes I am." I explained.

"I need to talk to your mom about something important. As for you, then please follow me into room 101 if you don't mind." He said.

I walked behind him.

As we got there he asked me to take a seat on the hard chairs. He looked nervous, like something horrible had just happened.

"It seems clear to me that you and your sister have a strong relationship. Im not so sure how to say this, but..." He stopped. "Elizabeth left us yesterday."

There were times where my mind couldn't process sudden incidents, and this was absolutely one of them.

________