Chapter 2

Zoe's POV

I pull into Alana's driveway and turn back to Presley who is snuggling with her stuffed dog, Paws. My mom got her that dog when she was little and she's kept it with her ever since.

"Ready to go have some fun lovebug?" I ask opening my car door and walking around the car to open hers. I unbuckle her and shes hop out, holding Paws by the tail.

"Yeah! I get to see Ollie!" She skips to the door. I smile and trail behind. Alana opens the door with Oliver hiding behind her leg.

"Hi, Pres'! How are you?" She asks smiling down at the little girl.

"I'm good!" She says running in the house behind Oliver. I chuckle at the pair and hug Alana.

"Hey, 'Lonnie." She squeezes me tightly.

"Zo, it's been awhile." She smiles softly at me, I look over her shoulder and see Jared walking towards us.

"'Lana, when is-" Alana shoots him a death glare and he covers his mouth with his hand. I'm confused, what was he going to say? Jared's expression changes on an instant.

"Zoe-bear!" Jared shouts going in for a hug. I chuckle and hug him back.

"That'll never happen, Jare-bear." I reply, using his own joke against him. 

"So the little rug-rats went downstairs faster then Alana when there is a buy-one-get-one-free sale at TJ Maxx." Jared jokes and I let out a laugh along with him. Alana crosses her arms and glares at me. I put my hands up in a surrender.

"Sorry, ma'am." I say quietly. When she turns around, Jared and I go back to laughing.

I walk into the living room and take a seat on the couch beside Jared. "Want anything to drink, Zoella?" Alana asks from the kitchen. "Water, please!" I say.

Alana hands me my water and takes a seat on the couch beside Jared. Jared pulls her close and we begin to catch up on each other's lives. Until the door bell rings.

Evan's POV

I walk up Alana's driveway holding my son's hand. "Ready to play with some kids, Blake?" I ask looking down at my little boy.

He shakes his head and I chuckle, ruffling his hair. "You'll get to know them, they are fun kids. Plus, you already know, Ollie." I try to reassure him. I know he's shy, he used to be loud and playful when Holly was here, but ever since the divorce; he's been quiet as a mouse.

I knock on the door and Blake adjusts his backpack on his back. Jared opens the door and walks out to stand infront of me, closing the door behind him.

"Hey, Jared. Ready to tell me the 'surprise' now?" I ask smirking.

Jared gulps and nods, I go serious. I open the door. "Go on inside Blakey, Alana will show you where Ollie and the other kid is." I tell him, nudging him inside.

I close the door and glare at Jared. "What the hell did you do?" I ask, leaning against the door.

"Before I tell you, I want you to know this was Alana's idea. Not mine, okay?" I nod. 

"Spit it out, Kleinman." I say sternly.

"Zoe. Might. Be. Here." He mumbles.

"What!?" I shout in shock. "Jared, I told you, I screwed us up, we're done. Why did Alana do this?"

"She said Zoe still has feelings, Zoe was raped and abused in her past relationship and she needs somebody to hold her right now." Jared explains.

I put my hands on my face and rub my temples in stress. "Jared, I can't. I should go home, can you go grab Blake for me?"