Chapter 5

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF RAPE AND DOMESTIC ABUSE.

I check out of work quickly and begin to run to my car. I know I didn't meet Evan that long ago but it feels like we've never been apart.

I get into my blue Volvo. No, I did not keep the same one, it just reminds me of home, so I bought a new one. I buckle my seat belt, turn on the engine and put it in reverse, once out of the parking lot I speed to Evan's.

I'm nervous, what is it going to be like? Sleeping next to him. I shake it out of my head and knock on his door.

He opens it and gives me that same soft smile. "Hey Zo." He says pulling me to him and kissing me. I pull away quickly. He frowns at me.

"Why?"

"Where are the kids?" I whisper.

"Blake's room, they won't see us." He puts his hand on my cheek, scratching it softly.

"In that case." I go on my tippy toes and press my lips to his. The kiss is light, almost fluffy.

My hands rest on his chest as his are cupping my cheeks. I pull away and lean my head on his chest. I smile to myself as he kisses the top of my head.

"So tonight." He starts, grabbing my hands and leading me to the couch where he sits me on his lap.

I turn my head to him and smirk. "Yes?"

"Well- uh. If you- if you want, you can sleep in the bedroom, I'll sleep on the couch. Or if you want to sleep-"

I cut him off by pecking his lips. "With you is fine." I whisper. He smiles at me.

The kids burst out of Blake's bedroom and I jump off of Evan.

"Mama! Your home!" Presley comes galloping to me, jumping in my lap.

I laugh and kiss her cheek. "Did you have fun, Pres?" I ask, smoothing out some stray hair. 

"Yeah! Evan was so much fun! He made us pizza for lunch and guess what the pepperonis were shaped like!"

"Hmm, what were they?" I played along.

"Puppies and kitties!" Presley says excitedly. 

"Wow, that seems cool, Pres." I smile.

"What'd you two play today, you were in Blake's room almost all day." Evan asks, while Blake climbs up onto the couch beside him.

"Superhero saves the doggy and cars with race car driver princesses and my favourite super spy kids!" Blake says excitedly, I was surprised, Blake never spoke.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After eating dinner, putting the kids to bed and watching a bit of TV cuddled against Evan's chest. I looked up at him. He looked so content, so happy.

"Ev." I whisper.

He looks down at me and kisses my forehead. "Yeah, Zoe?"

"Are we something?" I ask quietly.

"Do you want to be something?" He asks, adjusting me so my head is resting on his shoulder, my body laying on his, like he's trying to put a child to sleep.

"Yes..." I whisper in his ear. He chuckles softly and kisses my cheek. "You're adorable."

He sits up quietly and I slide off his chest. "Well then."

"Zoe Murphy, will you give me the beautiful honour of being my girlfriend?" He asks, smirking.

I giggle and peck his lips. Unexpectedly he deepens the kiss and my arms go around his neck. He pulls me to him and lifts me up, my legs automatically go around his waist and he begins to kiss me while walking to the bedroom.

He tosses me on the bed and I giggle, cupping his face in my hands, he presses his lips to mine again. Hovering over me, his knees pressing against the sides of my hips and hands up by my ears.

His hands went to the hem of my shirt and suddenly a blur came over me.

"S-stop!" I yell as he is ripping off my jeans. 

He slaps me in the cheek. "Shut up, bitch."

Tears roll down my face as he moves against me, with every kiss I feel a sting. Nine months later... Presley is in my life.

"P-please s-stop." I mumble and Evan jumps off of me. 

"What's wrong? Did I do something? I'm sorry." He says quickly backing up.

"I-I-I. I'm s-sorry. I-" Tears pour down my cheeks and I let out a strangled sob.

"Baby..." He drifts off. He moves up on the bed, leaning against the head board and pulling me to his chest.

I let out sobs and cry into his chest. "P-please don'-don't be m-mad." I cry.

"Zoe. Never." He whispers, putting his fingers on my chin and gently kissing my nose.

I bury my face back in his chest. His fingers gently run through my hair. He kisses the top of my head then rubs my back, waiting for me to calm down.

Eventually my sobs stop, I pull away from his chest and he wipes the tears off of my cheeks.

"I-I should go." I begin to crawl off of him. "Zoe wait. Please?" He says softly

"I don't deserve you, Evan." I say quietly scooting off the bed.

He grabs my hand and kisses it, then holds it to his chest. I notice tears brimming in his eyes, it hurts me to see him cry.

"You are the only person who I want, who I need." He says softly, looking into my eyes.

I stop moving and crawl up to him, curling up against his chest. We sit in silence for awhile until he breaks it.

"I love you, Zoe." He whispers.

I look up to him and cup his face in my hands. I rub my thumbs over his cheeks and admire him.

"I love you too." He kisses me softly and I kiss his cheek. He smiles at me and lays down, patting the bed beside him.

I lay down and curl up against his chest, his heart beat helping me drift off to sleep.