Chapter 6

I stir to birds chirping and strong arms wrapped around me, I move towards the warmth, trying to go back to sleep. I feel a kiss on my head and I smile, realizing Evan is awake also.

I bury my face in his chest and listen to his heart beat, my mind drifts to last night. He wasn't like Liam... he stopped, he cared, he listened...

"Evan." I break the peaceful silence, pulling away from his chest, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Yes, baby?" He asks, his voice still groggy from sleep. 

"I'm sorry, for being such a, buzz kill last night." I blurt out. He puts his fingers on my chin, raising my gaze to his eyes. 

"Zoe, I want our first time to be special for the both of us. It's okay that you felt uncomfortable." He soothes.

I put my hand on his cheek and kiss him, it's soft, gentle, loving. His hand moves to my face, brushing a piece of hair out of my face. He pulls away, kissing every inch of my face before going back to my lips and pecking them softly. 

I kiss him again, this time more passionate. I want him to know I love him, I want him to know how much he means to me. 

I crawl on top of him, hovering over him I kiss him, slipping my tounge across his bottom lip.  He chuckles and puts his hands on my waist, flipping me over so he's on top of me. Pulling his lips away from mine to press them to my neck.

When he pulls away, he lays next to me. He burys his face in my neck, inhaling my scent.

"Ev, I love you so much, okay? I love you so so much, Evan. Please know that." I say begging for him to understand.

"I know Zo, I know." He says, smiling at me softly. "Lets go get those crazy kids." He said, nodding his head towards to door, he walks to my side of the bed and helps me up. I peck his lips once again and he smiles.

As he walks forward he turns around and gives me his hand, I smile softly and take it. We walk out to the kitchen and spread apart as he walks behind the island. 

"Gummy bear pancakes?" He asks, opening the cupboard.

"Sure, I'll get the kiddos." I say turning around and opening Blake's bedroom door quietly.

"Hey." I say softly, as Presley stirs, Blake already awake, he motions for me to come sit next to him, I follow.

"Can I ask you something, Zoe?" He asks quietly playing with his fingers, Presley's sleepy body climbing onto my lap, her head resting on my shoulder, I rub her back.

"Sure, babe. What is it?" I ask smiling at Blake, he smiles back at the nickname. 

"Are you going to be my mommy and is Presley going to be my sister?" He asks innocently.

I instantly blush. Shocked at the sudden question, I take a moment to think. "Maybe one day, buddy..." I trail off, looking out the door to see Evan mixing batter.

"Pancakes?" I look up, changing the topic. 

"Yeah!" The kids say in sync, Presley hoping off my lap and Blake bouncing off the bed, I follow the children out into the kitchen.

I sit down at the breakfast bar and grab Presley's tiny hand, helping her up on the stool next to me. "Need help, Blake?" I ask as he climbs on the stool. I guess not. He shakes his head.

I watch as Evan pours batter into a pan. "What color gummy bears would you like, Pres'?" He asks, still focusing on the pan.

"Pink! Pink is my favorite color!" Presley says excitedly, kicking her feet back and forth.

"And you, Blakey boy?" He asks, reaching a hand over to ruffle but slipping and burning his arm on the pan. He grabs his arm, applying pressure and I take a sharp breath in.

Evan lets out a quiet curse. "Daddy! Bad word!" Blake exclaims.

I quickly hop off the stool and turn off the burner. "Blake?" I ask.

"Yes?"

"Isn't there some watermelon slices in the fridge?" I ask, tickling Evan's unhurt arm lightly, while looking at the boy.

He nods. "Alright, Presley. Go get some of that from the fridge and you two can have breakfast and cartoons."

"Yay!" Presley jumps up and down as Blake takes the watermelon out of the fridge, the pair run out of the kitchen and my gaze wanders back to Evan.

"Can I see the burn?" I say softly, running my hand around the site of the wound.

He flinches as he reduces pressure, uncovering it. "Hmm, well. We'll need to clean it and it'll be just fine," I look up at him and smile as he presses his lips to mine.

"Okay, do what you need doctor." He teases, kissing my temple as I reach beside him for the iodine and band-aids.

I open the iodine bottle, Evan presses his lips to my forehead, leaving them there long enough for me to pour the iodine on a wash cloth.

"This is going to hurt, so..." I trail off, pressing my lips to his, as he deepens the kiss I press the iodine to his burn, I feel him flinch but I reach my free hand to his cheek, scratching it softly.

As I pull the cloth away, I pull away from the kiss as well. Quickly opening a band aid and applying it to his skin. I throw the wrapper in the garbage, I feel strong arms wrap around my waist and I'm pulled back to Evan's chest. My back to him. "Thank you." He whispers, kissing the nape of my neck.

I giggle, playing with his fingers that are set on my waist. "You're adorable." He whispered once again. I realize I've forgotten about Liam for this whole morning- until now.

"Get away from me freak!" Liam yelled, pushing me off of him.

"I'm- I'm sorry, I. I was just trying to- to help.." I said softly, tears brimming in my eyes. 

I attempted to help him heal a bite that he got from our old dog, Maisy. She sadly had to go back to the pound after biting him when he thought she was a horrible dog. Even though she loved me dearly. She was protective.

Evan must've felt tears fall because he turned me around and held me to his chest. "We're going to get you help, Zo. I'll be here, and we can get professionals."