Prologue

"I'm breaking up with you Jennie."

"I don't feel the same way anymore."

"Goodbye."

I chuckle dryly as I took another swig from the beer bottle as a cool breeze flowed through me from the cliff I stood on. I look up at the glowing moon and narrowed my eyes as I roughly wiped away tears that refused to stop falling. I look down at my finger and grit my teeth angrily seeing the ring he gave me when he proposed.

He loved me once.

Where did that love go?

I groan in frustration as the pain in my chest increased with the memory of his heartless eyes boring into mine as he ended our engagement. He ended it as if everything we had meant nothing to him.

But apparently, the only person that seemed to grasp his attention and love was his slutty secretary. We were together for years and meeting someone who showed more skin had caused our happiness to end.

I love him so much.

I can't even remember a time when we weren't together.

What did I do?

I stumbled slightly and giggled brokenly while wiping a tear away from my face as I made my way closer to the edge of the cliff. I look down and watched as the waves roughly crashed against the rocks from below. I wondered if I jumped, would my heart ache end? Would I survive and forget everything we had and the pain?

The idea sounds lovely.

But, would I even do it?

I wouldn't.

Feeling my phone vibrating in my pocket, I swiftly take it and squinted my eyes as the screen seemed to be blurry and moving. I shrug while placing my phone back into my pocket.

I was too drunk to even read the name on my phone screen, I thought to myself and was ready to turn away from the edge and make my way towards my car, until I heard soothing humming echoing from below. I freeze and felt my heart suddenly thumping wildly against my chest,

"How beautiful," I whisper before turning back around. I couldn't control my body, I felt as if I was watching myself walk towards the edge and stare at the cold water from below. I lower my head and noticed something glowing from below.

Was that a light?

"Is someone down there?" I yell out, slightly concerned. But the soothing voice had hummed louder. It made me grow a desire to hear the beautiful unknown melody even more. I stood even closer until my toes were past the edge.

And the lower I lowered my head, the more the soothing voice increased and suddenly, I was falling.

I didn't scream, nor feel fear.

I felt calm.

It was as if this was meant to happen.

But why?

For what reason?

I gasped as I was suddenly consumed by the ice cold waves that was pulling me lower into the water. I didn't struggle, and I didn't have the need to.

Why fight when I had no strength in me to do so?

I was sinking, the darkness was slowly beginning to surround me. I raised my hand slowly and watched as the moonlight from the surface shined through the space between my fingers as I was sinking even deeper into the unknown.

My lungs were burning and I loved it.

"Odysseus, Odysseus..." A soft, alluring voice sang softly from the darkness creating my mind to suddenly grow hazy.

Ignoring the shooting numbness from my body, I forced my eyes to follow the voice and suddenly all I could see was soft, glowing eyes that shined in the depth of the sea. Eyes that lit through the darkness.

"Forget where you're going.." She continued to sing as she swam into the moonlight. Her silver  hair flowing through the water, the light illuminating her gorgeous features. She swam around me with the corners of her plump lips lifting into a mesmerizing smile. She was pulling me into her voice.

The silver haired woman swam around me and all I could do was listen and watch when suddenly my eyes widened as I notice she had no legs but a bright green, long fin attached to her lower half shimmering under the soft light.

Mermaid perhaps?

Was I dreaming?

"Forget what you're doing.." She sings softly as she swam gracefully towards my sinking figure. I couldn't swim away. Why wasn't I afraid? My heart wouldn't stop beating erratically with the creature in front of me.

"And come with me." She finishes off. Her voice seemed to be as clear as daylight. Her silver hair flowed freely in the water and tickled my iced cold skin while her eyes pulled me closer to her. I stared at her in admiration as she swam right in front of me and placed her gentle hands onto my face.

As soon as the light disappeared from her eyes, she suddenly froze for a moment as she moved my flowing hair away from my face and stared deeply.

"You're a beautiful one." Her light, warm voice spoke as she continued to scan my features slowly. As if to memorize every single detail that if I wasn't drowning towards my death, I would have been blushing.

"It isn't your time . But it is mine. Help me change my fate." She whispers. Darkness was consuming me and I knew it was almost the end. But before I could completely escape this dark world, I felt a pair of plump lips touch mine and suddenly,

The world turned bright.

...............................................................

—-Coming Soon-—

...............................................................

Trying something new for a change.

Hope you enjoy this new book of mine!