Ray's Sorrow

Ray x Twin!Lil Sis!Reader

[Fluff/Angst]

Requested by: Lithium_4418

Your hair flies over your face as the wind blew from behind you, the rain was coming down harder than before. From a distance, you can hear a soft boom in the skies. The dark clouds were swirling above, you can tell this was going to be a big, bad storm.

You were too into the game of Hide and Seek that you lost track of time. Since you were hiding inside one of the tree trunks, you didn't realize it started to rain.

The boots on your feet were slowly sinking into the mud, making it harder for you to run towards the house. You were cold and wet, your arms wrapped around your body in order to comfort yourself.

"W-Where is the house...?" Your vision was clouded by the fog and the downpour of rain. You narrowed your eyes but that didn't seem to help you at all.

There was a flash of lightning, which startled you. You began moving faster, running aimlessly around the forest.

Then the sound of thunder caused you to jump out of your skin. It was loud, it felt like it was right above you. The deafening boom almost sent tears to your eyes.

"Mama?!" You called out but your voice seemed like it was drowned out by the storm. You looked around to see if any of your brothers or sisters were there.

No one in sight.

"Ray!" Your lips quivered, tears threatened to fall from your eyes.

You jumped and then your legs gave out as lightning and thunder went off at the same time. You fell into the mud, shaking in fear. It happened right behind you.

Your eyebrows went up in surprise when you turned around.

The tree behind you was struck, you can see smoke coming out of the tree but the flame was nowhere to be seen.

What sounded like low cracking came from the base of the tree, you felt your blood go cold. Trying to push yourself up, the mud was pulling you back in. Your white clothes were stained with rain, mud, and sweat.

Whimpering, you tried kicking your feet up. You couldn't budge from your spot and out of the corner of your eye, you can see the tree leaning towards you.

You lowered your head, tired from pushing yourself up.

You take in deep breaths as you twisted your arms in the mud. You propped yourself on your knees and arched your back.

Mud flies to your face as your arms finally come free.

The tree gives into its own weight and cracks from its base.

Slamming your fists on the ground, you crawled to the right. Using your knees and your elbows, you managed to escape from the mud.

"[Y/N]!" A voice shouts your name.

You look up, rain showers your dirty face.

"Mama!" You cried out.

The tree slams onto the ground beside you, nearly missing your feet. Fire embers flow down, bright red dots surrounded you. The sound of the impact shot a surge of fear through your body.

Mama follows the sound of your voice and the sound of the fallen tree, she quickly rushes over to you. Your vision was darkening but you can just make out her figure.

Sighing out of relief the moment she sees you, she immediately picks you up.

"My child, you were almost killed!" Mama wipes your face with her hands. "How many times are you going to put yourself in danger?"