[2]

At first, Yagi Toshinori didn't know what was happening.  He had glanced back to look at the two sources of his contemplation when he noticed young Midoriya stop mid-stride.  Furrowing his brows, Toshinori frowns and turns back to face his successor, watching as Bakugo does the same.  The three merely stare at one another for a moment, gazes shifting and postures stiffening.  Toshinori can faintly hear Bakugo say something as the boy steps forward, but the only thing Toshinori is able to focus on is his protégé's face.

   Such pain etched on that young face.

   Toshinori's frown turns into a gasp when he sees the boy's hands begin to... fade away.  As if something has been triggered inside of him, the man rushes forward, a shout of alarm escaping him.  To his panic, the disintegration of his young student doesn't appear as if it can be stopped.  Toshinori shouts his student's– his son's– name, but the boy doesn't even turn to face him.  He keeps his dulled gaze locked on Bakugo, and Toshinori sinks into himself as he watches the eyes of his favorite student lose their color before completely fading out of existence.  Toshinori stands there as the first rays of the sun turn the grey sky a lighter shade of the faintest blue, a pile of dust resting just beyond the curve of his outstretched hand.  His eyes don't have any tears to shed, it happened so fast, but Toshinori loses himself to grief and confusion before Bakugo's angry questioning assaults his ears.  The man jolts in place, rising to his feet with a sob stuck in his throat as he pulls out his emergency communication device.  He taps the button five times, allowing the shrill beeping on the other end of the line to alert the staff of U.A. that something is horribly wrong. Toshinori can only stare at Bakugo, watch as the young blond comes to the same realization as he did.

Izuku Midoriya is... gone.

A/N
   I'd like to think the teachers at U.A. have some sort of system for long-distance communication in case something goes wrong. Hence, a little pager-panic-button type device that's small but effective.  Anywho, onward! Updates will be on Thursdays from now on, as all future chapters will be longer than this one for sure. Next up, we focus on those who remain. Who will it be, who will it be? I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as I had fun writing it!

                                                                     ~Rain