Hurt

There was just pain. Pain and pain and more pain and slight echos from the side of something consistently beeping in his ear which made the ache in his head worse.

He didn't understand where he was or why he was in so much pain. For a moment he wonders why it's so dark before realizing he must have his eyes closed.

Trying to open them proved more difficult then ever before, barley able to get the open more then a tiny sliver. Even then he couldn't see anything besides bright white with a slight hint of yellow. The beeping got louder and he let out a pitiful groan when pain surged through his jaw. How had he gotten here? Where even was here?

"He's... up th'..." someone's voice breaks through the beeping haze and they sound slurred, like they're underwater. He could feel the vibrations of them moving to his side and then something is rushing through his system, being exhaustion and numbness in its wake.

He didn't want to trust the warm feeling of safety the numbness brought, still unsure of his location but unable to resist temptation.

~

When he woke again his jaw still hurt along with the rest of his body but the sound of the beeping had decreased exponentially and trying to open his eyes was a lot easier then last time.

All he saw was white at first, the ache in his head slowly growing more as the beeping started to get annoying. His eyes adjusted easily after a few moments and peter was able to take in the ceiling, eyes trailing down a wall and slowly sweeping over all he could see before coming to rest on the person asleep besides him. Behind said person was a second one, asleep on a couch.

Racking his mind for an answer to who this was, peter continued to stare at them. His head hurt and he just wanted to go back to sleep so that's what he did.

~

When he became conscious for the third time it was a lot better then before. His hearing was back to normal and he could tell that there was someone else in the room, asleep with how regular and even their breathing was.

Opening his eyes, Peter found it easier to understand the room he was in. Windows lined one side of the wall and the rest was all white. To his left, surprisingly, is where mister stark slept. Trying to lift both his arms to rub his eyes, they wouldn't move; Both numb and as heavy as lead.

"Wh-" he tries to speak only to whimper in pain when he jaw protests. Only then does he realize that there's some sort of neck or head brace keeping him from turning his head fully and speaking. The noise was enough to wake the man and mister stark is slowly blinking his eyes open.

Unable to communicate, Peter just watches the man as he wait for him to realize that he was awake.

"Peter!" The man exclaims when he sees the kids eyes are wide open and watching him expectantly. With tony facing him now peter could see how unorganized the man was. Eyes somewhat puffy and pink around the edges, hair and clothes rumpled and wrinkled.

"Hm-" peter tries to speak and winces at the pain the vibrations cause.

"Don't try to say anything, your still healing." Mister stark states and peter nods his head minutely in an attempt to answer without pain but it doesn't work.

"What were you thinking? Going after him on your own?" The billionaire all but snarls, scolding the teen. Peter just sighs, letting his eyes close.

"Didn't I make it obvious that if anything happens to you it would be on me? God I'm such an idiot for taking the suit back, then you would've had more help god damnit- you could have died peter! You did for a minute before they got you back!" He shouts and it causes peter to snap his eyes open.

"You kid, you fucking flatlined for a minute before they got your heart beating again." Tony snaps, running his hand through his hair.

"Ms-" peter tries again and tony just levels him with a glare.

"No talking until your jaw is healed." He states and peter finally gives up on speaking.

"Peter May is here, I haven't been able to explain everything to her without explaining-" He trails off with a sigh but peter understands either way.

"I cant hide this from her, neither can you. Not anymore anyway. When she comes back I'm going to tell her everything." Tony explains, looking back at the teenager on the bed. Peter just sighs but tilts his head up, thankful that it doesn't hurt, and let's his eyes close.

"Go to sleep again kid, it'll help you heal faster." Tony's voice broke at that but peter didn't question it, falling back into a dreamless slumber.