Confused

When peter wakes up it's for the what , fourth? Fifth time? He doesn't know anymore.

When peter does fully wake up, it's dark outside but he rooms lights were on at a low level. His eyes trailed around the room only to stop at the sight of May asleep in the chair next to his bed. It causes him to jerk in surprise, the heart monitor attached to him speeding up. It could have been either the jerk, the monitor or a combination of both that woke May up, but it didn't matter as the second she realizes her nephew was awake she lets out a soft cry.

"Peter." She whimpers, sitting up and hugging the teen awkwardly.

"Hey, May." He murmurs, body heavy as he relaxes into her embrace.

"Your so grounded." She jokes, voice full and peter could tell she was crying.

"That's fair." He smiles, jolting slightly at the twinge in his jaw. Peter hesitates, still laying on his back with the blanket almost up to his neck. He felt strange, off in a way he couldn't describe.

He moves to grab the blanket but freezes, he couldn't feel his right hand. Peter blinks quickly and tries to sit up again, wanting to push his arms under him to right himself, but he only manages to get one arm under his body. It was weak but it helped him sit up.

"Honey-"

Peter ignores her, breathing speeding up as he kicks the blanket off himself. His eyes widen when they land on the bandages wrapped around his shoulder. He stared at the empty space where his arm should have been, not realizing that he was no longer breathing.

"Peter? Peter, breath." May starts, voice spiked with panic over her unresponsive nephew. Peter continued to stare at his shoulder, the hospital gown he was wearing was modified to allow the bandages to be exposed.

Peter finally let out a shaking breath, eyes slowly closing, "this is a dream right? I-I'm gonna wake up at home not remembering anything because someone spiked the punch at homecoming, right?"

"Peter..." May whispers as tears start to trail down his cheeks, wetting the gown and darkening the fabric.

"Oh god, oh god" He starts to panic, hand clenching the blanket. The heart monitor is out of control now, beeping fast and irregularly as Peters panic rises.

"I'm, may, I'm missing an-an arm and a leg and, oh my god please tell me I'm dreaming!" He all but wails, any attempt at calming him down is futile.

"Peter please-" May begs but the distraught teen doesn't hear, yanking at his hair as he babbles nonsense.

Peter couldn't understand, he-he didn't know what to do! How was he going to be Spider-Man while missing an arm and leg? How was he going to go to school?

He flinches when someone touches his shoulder, trying to calm him down along with aunt may. He couldn't focus on who it was, he didn't want to. Focusing meant allowing this to be real, and this couldn't be real! It couldn't be!

He's pushed down, forced to lie back when he doesn't want to. He thrashes, sobs harder, wails louder.

This couldn't be real.

He feels a sting in his arm, along the already sore spot where the IV was in.   It takes a moment, but soon the drugs start to work. His mind becomes foggy, eyelids heavy, movements slow.

One final sob and peter quiets, eyes closing as he lets out a deep breath.; Maybe unconsciousness was a better choice.

May and tony watched as peter settled down, his breathing starting to even out. May closed her eyes causing a single tear to trail down her cheek.

"What are we going to do tony?" She whispers, opening her eyes to take in her nephew. The billionaire stays silent, watching as peter slept.

"I don't know..." He murmurs after a moment, "he'll burn through the sedatives quickly, I'm going to have to see if I have any of Rogers special sedatives left."

"We cant keep him knocked out for the rest of his life." May states.

"I know that! You don't think I know that? We cant have him panic like that again! I'll, I'll figure this out. I'll figure something out." He promises, rubbing his face.