Fast

The sedatives were strong, but peters metabolism was stronger. They stopped working not even three days later, allowing peter to wake up from the medically induced sleep. It was dark but with his enhanced sight peter could make out the form of May, fast asleep on a chair besides his bed. It wasn't really a chair, more like a mini sofa.

Peter pulls the covers down, staring at his shoulder. The bandages covering it applied pressure to the wound, making it ache. He stared at it for a while before allowing his eyes to travel down to his leg and the nub that was now the other one. There seemed to be more bandages on the leg then his shoulder.

Throughout the night peter alternated between watching his arm to his leg. He wasn't tired, he wasn't hungry, he wasn't anything but numb. When the room started to get brighter, peter turned his head and watched the windows. The med bay he was in was quite high up, allowing him a beautiful view of New York. He kept his eyes glued to the window as it continued to brighten, not reacting when he heard May start to wake besides him.

She didn't notice that he was awake at first, stretching and cracking her bones. She blinked a few times before glancing at her nephew, jolting when she saw his eyes were open.

"Peter?" She calls softly, scooting closer to his side. Her brows furrow when she gets no reply.

"Pete? How are you feeling baby?" She questions, sitting straighter. Peter keeps his silence even as May continues to try and get a reply out of him. She stops after a while, watching him with concerned eyes.

~

Nothing May or Tony did got a reaction out of peter. The boy stayed silent, staring out the windows or at his arm or leg if he wasn't asleep. It even made happy concerned when the news finally reached him.

Days pass with peter maintaining his silence. His body healed well and in a gamble to get him to talk tony has him moved into a room on the private floors of the tower.

The moving went easily, may had to leave for work so it was just tony the kid and a few nurses.  They settle peter into the room easily and the nurses leave tony with the teen. Peter was again staring out the window. The view was better in the room, higher up.

Peter was so small in the big bed he was laying in, like the child he actually was.

"Did you stop him?"  The whisper causes tony to jump.

"Yeah kid, we stopped him." Tony answers, having hesitated at first to figure out what to say. He's unsure what to do to keep the conversation going.

"Are you in any pain?" He questions but peter stays silent. Tony turns to leave, lowering the lights as he passes the switch.

"I'm sorry." He hears the kid whisper.

"It's... it's okay pete." Tony replies, leaving the room as he knows he won't get anything else out of the boy. He retreats to his lab, ignoring the unfinished projects on the table. He pushes them to the side and clears up his space, pulling his phone out of his pocket and laying it on the table. Tony moves around the lab, grabbing different sheets of paper and other needed items before sitting down.

"Hey Friday? Give me the measurements of peters arm and leg." He calls and a hologram is quick to show up on his phone.

A/n short yes but I have an idea for the next few chapters! Sometimes I need to keep them short to help me flow into the next chapters.
Also, I apologize if my writing has deteriorated it's been a while.