Akira woke up early the next morning, surprising Sojiro and his daughter, Futaba. "What're you doing...?" The fake-ginger questioned, watching as the boy seemed to be running all over the place that morning. Morgana watched with a smirk, eating his breakfast contently.

"Oh, he's just getting ready for a date~"

"What?! A date?!"

"A date? What's this about?" An older male's voice cut in. The man came in, combing his slicked back hair on the sides quickly.

"Morgana said that Akira is apparently going on a date?"

"It's not a date! How many times do I have to say that?" The college student yelled from the other room.

"Well you're trying awfully hard to look nice for it to not be a date," The cat teased. Akira walked into the room, clearly annoyed. His cheeks were light pink as he walked over to the cat.

"Shut up! I just met her yesterday!" He spat, pointing at the tuxedo cat. Futaba smiled as her adoptive father chuckled.

"It's that cute girl from yesterday, isn't it?" The elder guessed, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against the island of their kitchen.

"Daaaaad, stooooooop," Futaba groaned, rolling her eyes at her father. The man shrugged, smiling widely.

"Just trying to be supportive."

"By calling some young girl cute even though you're basically as old as a vampire?" The cat asked with a skeptical look.

"Shut your damn mouth, cat. You're a real pain in the ass. I'm just saying, I could tell she caught his attention," he defended himself.

The young boy adjusted his glasses with a cough, attempting to hide his red face. "You think she's cute," the girl stated, laughing lightly.

"I hate you all," he groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No you don't," Morgana retorted.

"We're better than Ryuji," Futaba added. Akira nodded.

"Yeah. That's a fair point."

"What's she like, Akira?" The girl asked, clearly intrigued.

"I-I don't really know her," he muttered sheepishly. The girl scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Well you know something, I'm sure. What do you know so far?"

The boy sighed, really just wanting to get out of this situation. "She's nice. Seems pretty selfless, too. And protective. She also has a nice name," he mumbled.

"Oh? So you actually got her name?" Sojiro asked with a playful smile. Akira huffed softly.

"Yeah, yeah, I did. It's... (Y/N)."

"Ooh~, we haven't met a (Y/N) before," Morgana chimed in.

"That's also because we lived in Japan until a few weeks ago," the older man stated, earning a hard glare from the little cat.

Akira ignored them, looking at his watch just to end up panicking. 11:57.

"Dammit! I'm going to be late!" He shouted, snatching his bag off the counter and bolting out the door while ignoring the three calling after him.

He sprinted through a few streets, not actually sure if he was going the right way. His phone buzzed a few times but he ignored it. He was too set on getting to the café in time.

He could see the big building getting closer, letting out a uneven sigh of relief (due to the running). He slowed down and opened the door as if he hadn't just been running his ass off. He looked down at his watch. 12:04.