Chapter 6

"You see," Austin began his story while Thunder and Rain watched, listening to every word, "You both come from two very unique bloodlines. Your mother's side of the family, in a way, are very important to all of our history thanks to an ancestor of yours. My family didn't originate from here though, we came from the South, so we have different stories about the stars."

"Like what?" Rain asked, ignoring the glare from Thunder.

"According to my family, the stars represent the spirits of those we love dearly but sadly are not with us other than memory and heart," Ellie answered her daughter's question. Nodding his head, Austin continued with his story, "And according to my family, our goals and motives are represented by stars. Our biggest one is called the North Star."

"Why?" Rain interrupted the story yet again. Thunder sent another glare. He really wanted to hear this tale.

"The real North Star guides us, even on the darkest nights. In a way, our motives guide us through life. The things we care about the most, our biggest motive, is our North Star," Austin responded, coming to the end of his story. Sighing quietly, he remarked, "And I think it's time for two youngsters to go to bed."

There were of course complaints to that statement.