A New Start

[Author's Note: So I decided that from now on I'm going to put link to music that helps me into mood as I write every chapter. Feel free to listen to them as you read on. Let me know what you think! Happy Reading]

***

The brunette treaded along the forest floor, her soft hazel eyes scanning the surrounding area lazily for anything edible that grew at the outskirt of the realm of Imladris. Her mind was floating aimlessly. She was daydreaming of mama's homemade soup and was even tempted to whistle, but somewhere behind her consciousness she heard her old mentor telling her not to attract danger while being in an open space.

No matter how much the heart telling her that she's safe, her trained mindset was never really at ease. But still, that doesn't change the fact that she was very happy with her life now.

Wanda took one of the few wild berries that she gathered in her basket, gently cleaning it before popping some into her mouth. Her fingers and thumbs were adorned with several rings-too many to be acceptable in this world. But if she loses everything else-not that she was complaining- to hell with it, she was definitely keeping the rings.

"If you keep on munching, you'll end up coming home with nothing no matter how many fruits you collect at the forest," said a smooth male voice tainted with so much mischief and hidden agendas.

She used to get jumpy when Ro or Dan popped up behind her like that. After all, elves don't make any sounds when they walk. It was unsettling, but after living with their race for years now, she finally get used to it.

"Mind your own business," she said flatly, but the handsome elf noted the playfulness on her tone. She continued, "Which one are you anyway?"

Even without looking, Wanda could feel him smirking next to her.

"Still don't know how to differentiate both of us, do you? Do not fret, many people still can't. Even my own grumpy adar," muttered the elf rather smugly.

Wanda didn't bother slowing down nor turning to see him, but rather held out her hand, filled with a few berries in it. "How about a bribe?"

"I am a noble warrior," snorted Elrohir, "I don't do bribes," he declared while taking the berries from her hand and popping them into his mouth.

Wanda couldn't help but cracked a smile this time and looked at him. "You're full of shit, Ro," she commented lightly with that slight Russian dialect accenting her soft, smooth voice.

He didn't know if Wanda was just guessing or if she started to learn to differentiate him and his identical brother; but it seemed that the later was right.

"By merlin's beard, woman!" exclaimed Elrohir, surprised but not any less delighted, "You kiss your mama with that mouth? Where did you learn such filthy and unbecoming words for a lady?"

"My brother."

Elrohir looked at the pretty brunette, slightly surprised.

"You never talked about him before," said Ro, mischief absent in his pleasant voice.

"You never asked."

"Where is he?"

Wanda began to contemplate whether opening up a part of her was a bad move, but after the friendship that he extended to her, she reckoned he deserved to know it. "He's in a better place," she said with a wistful smile, "Probably somewhere he can run forever."

Elrohir put a hand on Wanda's shoulder, effectively stopping her in track. They locked eyes, and Wanda's smile grew as he saw Elrohir's confused, narrowed eyes. It used to bother her staring at such an inhumanly handsome elf, but now she could at least keep the eye contact long enough for a normal human being.