Prince & Princess of Woodland

Wanda should probably saw it coming. With the border being breached and her family living so close to it, the twins would definitely make it their mission to relocate Wanda plus her mama and sister into The House of Rivendell.

“Just until it’s safe,” murmured Elrohir whilst chewing on his breakfast.

“Until when will it be safe for us to return?”

“Until further notice,” chirped Elladan cryptically just before catching a grape that Ro tossed carelessly towards him, expertly catching it with his mouth.

“Score!” grinned Elrohir to the warrior elf with golden hair next to him who shared a not little amount of amused grin on his face.

Wanda sighed and anxiously began to bit her nails. “It’s very kind of you and your father to let us stay, but—”

“—we can’t ask this from you,” continued Etheriel, finishing her sentence, “It’s too much. We wouldn’t wish to trouble you.”

Wanda looked at her foster mother and sister’s sincere faces. She knew that their family was poor, and to be invited to live in the House of Elrond, let alone by the princes themselves, was a huge honor. But as poor as they may be, they still worked to manage their own keep and did their best to not burden anyone. They still managed to be happy, content, honorable, and most of all—kind.

Wanda’s heart swell with pride as she gazed at her now family in this world. How could she be so lucky?

Wanda watched as Elladan, the one sitting closest to her mama, reached out his hands and gently squeezed her smaller ones. “My dear Etheriel, your presence is no trouble at all for us. Besides, you’re not asking, we’re offering. You’re fine,” he reassured her with the gentlest and the sincerest way possible, a look that Wanda seldom saw on the older, playful prankster. Her heart melted, but soon it dissipated when she saw Dan sent her a brief yet troubling smirk, “Besides, my little brother is nothing but thrilled to have your daughter around.”

Said female suddenly felt her cheek heated up as soon as her foster sister and mother turned their attention towards her with a curious glint in their eyes. She knew just how nosy her mama and pregnant sister were and she couldn’t help but shove more bread into her mouth and chew anxiously.

While Wanda was clearly stress eating, Elrohir instead gave her family his most unabashed, charming smile.

If Elladan didn’t know his little brother very well, the older twin brother wouldn’t notice the way Elrohir sneakily fidgeted with his favorite honey cake that would otherwise be cleaned off from his plate—oh, lover boy is clearly flushing mentally under the gaze of Wanda’s family, thought Elladan rather amusedly.

“I cannot deny that I have thoroughly enjoyed your daughter’s presence. She is lovely, excellent companion,” stated Elrohir politely, “We spend time together.”

“Sometimes,” added Wanda quickly, nodding at Ro to follow suit.

“Aye… sometimes,” corrected Ro in agreement with Wanda whilst giving her a stealthy raise of his brow.

“That’s a lot of someti—oof,” mumbled Dan with a jolt as he earned a kick on the shin under the table by Elrohir.

The twins weren’t exactly stealthy at their silly banter, and the result of this was confirming Wanda and Elrohir’s relationship more to her family. Belethiel leaned in to Wanda’s ear and ever so quietly whispered, ‘you will tell me all about it and not spare any details’ which got Wanda to sigh though she didn’t exactly deny her own smile from showing.