The Blessed Forest

Elladan and Elrohir had never really been studious. Since they were but elflings, the twins would rather fool around making all sorts of pranks and mischief, leading their tutors to frustration. Lord Elrond thought this behavior would wear off as they come of age. It didn't.

As Erestor, his chief of advisor, were presenting his view on the reports of Rivendell's latest security report, The lord of Rivendell kicked Elrohir's foot beneath the desk.

The kick instantly jostled the younger twin back to reality. His head snapped up to see the face of his adar (father) frowning grumpily at him. He immediately covered the sketch he made on the parchment before him and pried his eyes to Erestor to try to listen to the matters at hand.

"...a band of orcs has been spotted east of our border. Our border patrol had successfully chased them away and killed any that showed up a few days ago, but yesterday we got another report of more orcs sightings..."

He did try to listen. But alas, Elrohir's thoughts drifted back to a face of a pretty young woman who had stolen his heart.

Erestor's voice was merely a background noise as Elrohir imagined back the memory of Wanda. He could still feel her soft lips on his; could taste the remaining of the sweet berries on her mouth...

'So you and Wanda, huh?'

Elladan's voice rang in his mind. Elrohir cursed inwardly when he saw the shit eating grin on his brother's face. Ro mentally told him to mind his own business, but he knew it was impossible. After all, they both shared a blood bond. Being an inseparable twins, both of them could feel each other's emotions perfectly. And unfortunately Elladan liked to tease Ro whenever he can, just as much as Ro liked to tease his own brother.

'Payback is sweet,' mocked Elladan mentally to Elrohir.

The younger twin chose to ignore him and went back to watch Erestor's presentation, but in a minute his mind returned to the fading golden sun the day before.

He remembered standing there amidst of the forest just at the outskirt of the city. He could hear the trees singing softly in a gentle tune, a sweet lullaby to his ears. She was looking up at him, her doe, hazel eyes captivated him. He was well aware of how she was resting her hands on his chest, how he placed his on her small waist. Elrohir just realized how small Wanda was compared to him. At the moment, a conflicting feeling waged war inside him. He wanted to make her his; ravish her with abandon. Yet the protective instinct he had for her prevented him to do so. In fact, staring at those innocent hazel eyes made him feel slightly weak in the knees and all he wanted to do was just hug her and keep her safe.

'You're disgusting, brother. Soon Adar is going to kick you out.'

Elrohir grinned at hearing Dan's grumble in his head.

'Keep glaring at me like that and I bet twenty pence that Adar will kick you out too,' replied Elrohir.

'Make it double. I have been listening to the reports-unlike you.'

'Deal.'

"Out."

The sound of the stern command from Lord Elrond snapped both of them, along with the rest of the council members.

"Milord?" questioned Erestor in confusion. The only person who didn't seem surprised was Glorfindel. The elf warrior with lush golden hair wasn't trying very hard to hide his amusement. Elladan frowned when he saw him smirk.

"Apology for the interruption, mellon (friend). I was talking to my sons," Lord Elrond shot the twins his almighty elf lord look and with another stern voice, he commanded, "Get out. Both of you."