Chapter Eight

I gazed up at him, suddenly wondering what his lips tasted like.

Shaking it off, I grabbed my phone from his hands and checked the time.

"Time's up; I'm getting out,"

When I emerged from the cupboard, everyone looked at me expectantly.

Zoey pouted. "No action for our virginal queen?"

I ignored her, sitting back down on the sofa next to Caleb, who wouldn't stop staring at me. I glanced over to him and rose an eyebrow at him; he said nothing but looked up as Noah finally joined us.

"Didn't feel like popping a cherry, Noah?" Zoey asked and I flushed, frantically trying to recover with a long swig of my drink.

Noah joined me on the sofa. "Shut up, Zoey,"

Zoey obviously wasn't spoken to like that often and clamped her mouth shut in shock.

"I dare all of you to tell us about your most embarrassing dream," Hailey said from behind me and I froze. Dream. What dreams? I don't dream.

The room broke out into laughter. "That's all you've got?" Chantel laughed.

"I think it's a great idea," Alex said, looking up to through Hailey a smile.

Suddenly the room spun, and I couldn't tell if it was the alcohol in my system or the fear of finally telling my biggest secret. Lights blurred into one as Zoey began to speak.

"Well, I'll go first; I have no shame. My past life belonged to a boy who died very young. He was wetting the bed up to the age of 14," I laughed along with everyone else, trying to pretend like the whole room wasn't melting before my eyes.

Alex looked up at me. "Obviously she and her past life have something in common," she murmured. Thanks to the growing pit in my stomach, I barely even cracked a smile.

"What was that, Alexandra?" Alex gritted her teeth as Zoey used her full first name. "Care to share your most embarrassing dream?"

"Well, thankfully," Alex said sweetly, "I have no shame either,"

I tuned out after that, my vision blurring as sweat sprung to my forehead and hands. My heart pounded and I was desperately trying to grasp onto a tangible lie, a wall to hang onto before I pummelled to the ground.

I jumped back into my body as Noah began to speak beside me. I could feel Caleb staring at over at me but knew that he was glancing at me with concern this time, and not with judgement. I couldn't look at him; he'd find out.

Instead, I focused on Noah. "Well, my man Johnny had this overwhelming crush on this ridiculously hot girl, Lola," although what he was saying was absolute trash, the sound of his voice soothed me. It was always so velvet, so controlled. "When trying to show his eternal love for her, his trousers fell down and the entire school saw his wong,"

"Wong?" Alex asked, making me break out into laughter.

Noah laughed, eyes trained on me. Looking away, he continued, "The poor guy was so embarrassed that he died ten years later," I stopped laughing abruptly, which only made Noah begin to laugh. He had one of those contagious laughs, not one of those obnoxious, ridiculously loud ones.