chapter 12

Warning: Very graphic descriptions of violence and gore ahead!

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

My seizure over and pain beginning to numb, I could feel my body tense and stop struggling against the grip of the two pairs of hands holding me down. I blinked as my eyes returned to normal, refocusing. A strange feeling overtook me, as if I couldn't control myself. Like I was only sitting in the back of my mind and watching through my eyes as if they were windows. The hands holding me down, which I could now identify and Amber and Travis' hands, seemed to relax, cautiously letting go. With some amount of difficulty, I managed to get up from laying on the ground into a crouching position and strained my cuffed wrists, pushing my restrained arms down and around my rear end until they were pressed against the back of my knees. I proceeded to move my legs and step backwards so that my feet were between my cuffed wrists, leaving my hands in front of me instead of forced behind. Grunting from the effort, I stood up and staggered slightly.

"(Y-Y/n)? Are you okay?" Amber asked me, her voice laced with… fear? No, it was worry.

For me.

The thought hurt somehow and I pushed it out of my head, my confusion building as I found myself unable to respond. I tried looking up at her and found myself unable to do that either, so I continued staring at the ground.

"(Y/n)?" Travis questioned, his voice coated with just as much concern as Amber's, "Ah, here. Let me help you with those chains." He outstretched his tanned hands to me, and I wanted to smile at his helpful nature. Instead I stepped back, clenching my hands into fists and raising them over my head as if to strike him. "Huh? (Y/n)? What're you doing?"

"I don't know. Please help," is what I wanted to say, but nothing came out. I slammed my hands down as if I was trying to cleave wood with an ax and pulled my arms in opposite directions at the same moment. With a sharp clink, the chain connecting the cuffs around my wrists snapped in half, freeing my hands. I flinched as the metal cuffs dug into the flesh of my wrists, blood running down my arms to my hands and dripping off my fingertips. Amber let out a gasp and Travis startled slightly, a small worried noise somewhat close to a yelp escaping his lips.

"(Y/n)! What the hell? Why would you do that and hurt yourself? Amber and I could have helped you get them off!" he exclaimed. I already knew his facial expression without looking up, since we'd known each other so long. He most likely had his typical worried look - brow furrowed, lips pulled into a thin smile, and eyes soft as he bent down slightly to look at me directly, probably running a hand through his white hair. He gently grabbed my bloodied hands and pulled them towards him before opening the cuffs around my wrists, taking them off easily since I had broken the lock mechanism in the process of breaking the chain. He began to carefully inspect the shallow gashes around my now bruised wrists before I suddenly pulled my hands out of his gentle yet firm grasp, freeing myself with less effort than usually required due to the slick warmth.

"(Y/n)... please just let me help," Travis murmured with slight desperation, sounding hurt. I flinched at his tone of voice, not able to stand hearing Travis saddened, yet I wasn't able to do anything. For the first time I was glad I wasn't able to look up. Seeing his face pained and vulnerable might've actually broken my heart. I felt hands grab my shoulders softly, but they were smaller and more slender than Travis'.

Amber… not you too.

"(Y/n), is something wrong? You're not acting like yourself; you haven't said anything," she queried, looking up at me and trying to peer at my face. But she wasn't able to see much. My (h/c) locks fell into my face, including the streak of white hair I'd had for as long as I could remember, and covered my eyes. My mouth didn't give away any sense of emotion; I wasn't particularly smiling or frowning. Just expressionless, perhaps stoic. My nostrils weren't flared, so it wasn't as if my nose could give away any indication. I remained silent to Amber's question.