Chapter Two

Itachi P.O.V~

Earlier

After saying goodnight to my younger siblings, I closed my door and lay on my bed to relax.

I sighed deeply as I tried to close my eyes and sleep. But I suddenly felt something odd.

This strange charka I'm sensing. I quickly sit up and look around.

Sharingan!

My sharingan activated and I stood up. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, but something does feel wrong.

I suddenly hear a familiar scream. My eyes widened in shock and I ran out the door.

Mitsuko!

I ran to her room and opened the door. I see Mitsuko huddled on the floor, protecting herself.

I quickly came by her side and hold her in my arms. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

"T-There's a snake! There's a snake in here!" She cries. I quickly looked around for the creature, but find nothing.

"It's alright, nothings here." I stated. Suddenly, the lights were flickered on by mother and father.

"Mitsuko, are you okay?!" Mother asked worriedly as she came by her side.

"What's going on here?" Father asked. I stood up and walk to him.

"I felt the presence of unusual charka in Mitsuko's room," I explained, "And also, Mitsuko mentioned there was a snake in here." Father was surprised.

"A snake?..." He asked and I slowly nodded. I deactivated my sharingan and sigh to relax.

"Someone was watching her." Father stated and I nodded, agreeing.

"Someone watching? But who?" Mother asked.

"Not to worry," father says, "we'll deal with this in the morning. Mitsuko will sleep in your room Itachi." I nodded. Mitsuko ran up to me and hugged my leg.

I showed a small smile and pat her head in comfort. Mother and father leaves, telling us to go sleep.

"Come on Mitsu." I said as I took her little hand. She squeezes it lightly.

I escorted her to my room. She run towards my bed and jumps into it. I smiled as she giggles in the covers.

I walked up to her and then gently tuck her in. She snuggled in the covers comfortably and I then laid down next to her without blanket.

"Big brother, you're not cold?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I'm fine, get some rest." I stated. Mitsuko scoots close to me and has her head on my chest.

"Do you feel warm now?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Yes, very..." I answered honestly. I heard her giggle, warming my heart.

After awhile, I hear silence and realize that she fell asleep. I watch her sleep as she snores quietly making me chuckle.

I parted her hair away from her face and put it behind her ear. She moans a bit tiredly, but doesn't move.

I then activated my sharingan. I looked up the ceiling and wait patiently for any sign of disturbance.

This honestly scares me...someone is watching Mitsuko...and whoever they are...they want her for some purpose...but I won't let that happen...I won't let anything happen to her...

And with that, I spent the whole night, protecting Mitsuko as she sleeps.

End of chapter~

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the slow update and if it's short. Vote and comment!