Listen to My Thoughts - Smornby

Prompt: Person A has inappropriate thoughts at work, and suddenly panics that there might be a mind reader. He asks in his mind if there's a mind reader, to cough. Person B coughs.

Warning: Slightly NSFW(Not Safe For Work) which means mentions of sexual themes. Not too graphic, though.

Enjoy!

--------------------

Ross didn't usually 'fantasize' a relationship with anyone he knew. Especially not at work.

But that's been getting harder since the person he's been crushing over works in the same office as you. 

Ross isn't really sure when he started to fall for his friend, but he's aware of it now. And even more aware of Smith's looks, how his bright eyes narrow when he gets frustrated, how he bites his lip when concentrating on editing. 

His fantasies started innocent enough; just imagining holding the other's hand, feeling his lips on his. Then his thoughts began to turn darker, and he'll be lying if he said he didn't feel guilty. 

Even now, sitting down in his desk chair, watching Smith edit and trying to casual, he couldn't help the thoughts creep into his mind. The other man's hair was slightly messy this morning, but just in way that made it perfect. Ross wondered what it would be like to run his fingers through those locks, and gripping them while kissing down his neck. 

Ross froze when suddenly Smith leaned back in his chair, running a hand through his hair while tipping his head to the side, exposing his neck. Ross gulped and turned to face the monitor, trying to keep from blushing. 

It was a coincidence, he told himself. A weird one, at that, but a coincidence. 

Two days later, the incident completely forgotten, Ross, Smith, and Trott had gone out to lunch together. There wasn't any urgent editing to be done, or any recordings at the moment, so they decided they could go out for half an hour.

The restaurant across the road was indoor, and with the weather getting more chilly lately, it was best. They chose a booth for the three of them to sit at, and picked up the menus. 

At one point during their lunch break, the decoration sitting in the middle of the table was knocked over by Smith's elbow. Trott, being closest, wen to pick it up while calling Smith a twat, but the taller man waved him off. 

"I got it!" Smith insisted, and leaned in his seat to the far end of the booth to grab the knocked over decoration. 

He nearly reached it, but Ross - who sat next to him - had a passing thought that wished for Smith to stand up and show off his ass more. 

And a second later, Smith was adjusting his position to do just that. He stood up, a bit uncomfortable in the small booth, and bent over the table to reach for the decoration. Doing exactly what Ross had wanted. 

Then he was sitting down again, a proud smirk on his face, and Ross could almost swear there was a glint of mischievousness in his eyes. Then it was gone, and Ross was wondering if he was missing something. 

The last incident was nearly a week after, during a Minecraft lets play. Smith was fighting off a few of the monsters and started getting frustrated. Of course, while this was happening, neither Ross or Trott helped and decided to watch from a safe distance. 

Chuckling, Ross sneaked a look over at Smith. His eyes were narrowed, and his hand was clutching the mouse. 

Ross' interest peaked as he watched Smith's hand click on the button, the knuckles nearly turning white by gripping the mouse so hard. 

A sudden dark thought came to Ross, and that included Smith over him, that hand gripping his side in a similar manner it was doing now. He imagined that hand slowly sliding down his chest, his hip, lower now...

He snapped out of it and fought not to blush and keep a problem from growing down below. 

Then another thought struck him; it was out of the blue, and completely irrelevant to his situation, but he's glad it actually came to mind. 

What if there's a mind reader in the office? His eyes panned over to Trott, to Smith, to the door. Hm....Alright. If anyone's a mind reader here, cough.

He was sure his hair shot straight up when he heard a cough sound around the room. His head snapped up and he looked from Trott to Smith.

His gaze caught the ginger man's stare, dark and mischievous. A smirk played on his lips, and he winked at Ross. 

Ross was pretty sure his face was flushed by now, and he fought the urge to run out of the door at that moment. 

Smith's gaze was gone from his own then, now pointed downwards towards his lap. Ross watched his every move, still in a daze as to what he had just witnessed. Then his phone went off. 

Trott shot him a glare, maybe made a comment about it, but Ross didn't care. He unlocked his phone and checked his messages, not surprised to see Smith's name on it. 

My place. Tonight. <33