Prologue: New Kid In All My Classes

Okay, first things first, my name is Karkat Vantas. Literal King of Sass. I go to this lame ass school with all these asswipes you all call people. I don't give two shits about love, friends, or any social status. I just want to get this shit done, be ontop of all my classes, ( not literally... ) and avoid all the "cool kids." I would gladly kill all the fucking cool kids if I wanted to, but that would suck because then the dweeb, John would take over. God knows what goes on in that kid's head. He's always staring at me with that dorky smile, and a light pink blush.

Ew.

As said before, I don't give two shits about love. I hate it will all my cold, and horrid heart. Kids think I'm just that one angry, or crabby lame-o with nothing to focus on but school, and they're precisely right. I'm not lame, I just don't give a shit. Anyways, moving on to a small, but different topic about little ol' crabcake here. I have a small family which I don't feel like I should explain about except for the fact that I have a brother triggered by anything and everything. Example, if you were to sneeze he would be entirely offended. I also have a priest as a father and he's never home, quite ironic in my opinion. That's about it, really. Today is Monday and my teacher announced that we're getting a new student.

Wait, let me rephrase that.

All of my teachers announced that we're getting a new student. Guess who's gonna be an ambassador now. This guy, how fucking fun. As I'm casually walking alone, the usual. I'm going through the hallway to get to my class, and mind you I'm about to be prepared to run a marathon to my class which is C101. As I'm embracing myself, my name is called through the fucking intercom for everyone to hear.

"Karkat Vantas, please go to the counciling center. I repeat, Karkat Vantas please come to the counciling center, thank you!"

I groaned, realizing that I was stuck with this lame excuse for a human for the whole damn school year. I had just been walking to my locker to grab something ( since my brother Kankri was a little late on waking me up ) when I was called. My locker isn't too far from the counciling center, so I trudged over there. As soon as I got there, I saw a boy with the cool kid style from red beats to converse, he had the aura but really he was surprisingly shy. Good, hopefully he'll keep his mouth shut so I don't have to engage in any human interaction except for walking him to class. One odd thing about him was that he was wearing shades, and the counselor was cool with it.

Oh?

I raised an eyebrow, walking inside. Mrs. Lalonde smiled at me, then quietly talked to the blonde kid. I stood there, a little uncomfortable. She walked over to me with the kid. "Karkat, this is Dave. Dave, this is Karkat." Mrs. Lalonde said, with a small smile. Dave waved, shyly. I smiled a little, "So how long do you want me to be your ambassador?" I asked. He adjusted his shades, shrugging a little. "I'll tell you when I think I can do it, myself.. but, you're in all my classes so.. if you want to be my friend maybe we can walk together.."

"Yeah, sure. I'll be your friend." I put my hands in my black jean pockets. He smiled, "Cool." Mrs. Lalonde cleared her throat a little, "Excuse me Dave, may I have a word with Karkat before you both head off to class?" Dave nodded, "Yeah that's fine." She smiled, "Alright you just sit right there while I go talk to him." She said, motioning me to come to her office with her. I sat down on one of the soft purple chairs in the office and she sat at her desk, closing the door before she sat down. "Karkat, do me a favor and please keep him safe. Don't let anyone hurt him, or take his shades off. He doesn't like that, he says his eye color is frowned apon." She looked serious, but had a little sad gleam in her eyes. I nodded, "I will do whatever I can to help him, Mrs. Lalonde." She smiled, "Alright," she said getting up. "It's time for you guys to head to class." I stood up, dusting myself off. "Alright, well I hope you have a good day."

"You too, Karkat." I smiled a little, before leaving her office and walking over to Dave. "Alright, so it's time to head to class, do you have a locker?" I asked and he shook his head, "Nah, they're still trying to find one." I nodded, "Okay, that's cool. I still have to head to my locker. I didn't get to because they called me over here." He chuckled a little, standing up. "I'll come with you to your locker, then." He said, with a small smile. "Cool, alright let's go." I said, beginning to walk, Dave right beside me, with one earbud in his ear. "What are you listening to?" I asked. "Misfits." He replied. He has a pretty cool music taste already. "Do you like Nirvana?" I asked and he grinned, "Hell yeah I do!" I laughed a little. "Cool, man."

We soon arrived at my locker, "Okay we're here." I said, putting my combination in the locker. I unlocked it after a few tries and got my stuff just as the bell rang. Mrs. Lalonde approached us, laughing a little, "Karkat I forgot to give you the ambassador badge!" She laughed, I chuckled a little, closing my locker. She quickly ran to me and clipped the badge on my grey sweater. She smiled, "Have a nice day, boys!" She scurried off, smiling. "Sooooo the first class is C101 with Mrs. Lalonde." I said and Dave raised an eyebrow. I laughed, "She's a married lesbian." He nodded, "That's fuckin' awesome." I smiled. "Yeah, she's pretty cool. You can call her Mrs. Kanaya, when she tells you that you can." He nodded. I know I said I don't give two shits about friends, and I hate cool kids, but.. as long as this boy doesn't hurt me or anything, I may consider caring about this one.

"Let's go." I started walking to the staircase, Dave had to run a little to keep up. I laughed a little, walking down the stairs. "C101...C..C...C! Aha there!" I said, pointing to the C hallway. Dave laughed, "Alright," I started walking, "each hallway is different, this is the evens where we don't need to go until like.. fourth period." I said walking to the next turn. "This is the odd hallway, where we need to go and our class is right there." I pointed, with Dave right beside me. "Alright." We walked into class and Mrs. Kanaya looked at us, "Oh? Karkat is an ambassador?" She tilted her head with a small smile. "Yeah, this kid is better than the others, and less annoying. Surprising to say the least." I looked over to Dave and he stuck his tongue out. A squeal echoed in the room, "AC ships it so much!" Then another squeal, "I do too! Glub glub!" I rolled my eyes a little. "Stop that shipping nonsense." Equius, the guy infront of Dave said, "Get to match making!" I facepalmed, "Could you not?" Dave laughed, "This is interesting." I rolled my eyes and sat at my seat. Mrs. Kanaya grinned, "You'll be sitting by Karkat, Mr....?" Dave chuckled, "Strider, Dave Strider." "Okay Mr. Strider you'll be sitting by Karkat over there." She pointed at the seat next to me. He cooly walked over to the seat next to me and both Nepeta, and Feferi squealed. He chuckled, shaking his head a little. "Alright class," Mrs. Kanaya said, "Let's begin."