Epilogue

~~|2033|~~

Chaos reigned.

Chaos reigned violently.

Peter Parker was trying his level best to focus, but it wasn't helping when his legal guardians were screaming at each other. Something about an Iron Man tie. Harley crossed the floor, shooting Peter a grin and a wave. Peter sighed and debated slamming his laptop closed around his head.

"Have you seen Pep's tie? She's just about ready to commit murder."

As if on cue, they heard Pepper's voice from somewhere else on the penthouse floor. "May Parker, I swear to God, if James lost that tie, I'll do something illegal!"

"Let's do it, then," May shouted back, "I know the law!"

"I am the law!" Pepper screeched, quickly followed by, "JAMES!"

Peter and Harley turned their heads to the other side.

"WHAT?!"

Before any of the three could continue screaming, Morgan ran across the floor. "I found the tie! I found the tie!"

"I'm so tempted to find my old place in Queens to work," Peter mumbled.

"You have the rest of your career on a silver platter, Mr Agent of the Year, for like the past five years or more. I wouldn't fret if I were you."

Peter rolled his eyes as Harley tied his tie in the reflection of the full-length windows. "So do you, Mr acting and soon-to-be CEO of Stark Industries."

"Jealous?" Harkey asked with a smirk.

"As if. I have enough on my plate worrying about global -- and otherworldly -- threats as well as Morgan's lack of self control and Anya's inexplicable need to snoop in my files. I really don't need a day job."

"Spiderman is your day job, Peter."

Peter shrugged. "Whatever. The point is, I think we're all glad you're Pep's successor. Maybe one day when she's old enough, you can pass it to Morgan. But right now . . . she's got to get through her teenage years first. God, was I this troublesome?"

"Yes," May said as she walked into the room, smoothing down her pencil skirt. "Pepper! You're running a tight schedule!"

"I was not."

"Peter, when you were sixteen, you ran off to Germany to fight a battle you didn't even know that much about."

Peter opened his mouth, then shut it again. Harley grinned.

May nodded. "May knows best."

Pepper slid into the room in her stockinged feet, shoes in hand and a bunch of keys in the other. "Where's James?"

May took the keys from Pepper. "I'll tell him to get the car ready. Put your shoes on. We're going to make it in time."

"May, you're a lifesaver."

Anya walked out of the elevator. "Dad says you'll be leaving through the back garage. There's a horde of reporters at the front, all waiting to get a statement from Stark Industries' resigning and new CEOs."