━ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ sᴏ ғᴀʀ

( PROLOGUE )

  ( PROLOGUE )

   THE ROAR of a car engine belonging to a certain 1967 Chevy Impala sounded for what Emily Winchester swore could be heard from miles away. The midnight black car carried within it four people; one man, two boys, and one girl.

   The man driving the car; John Winchester, was the father to the two boys and one girl. Sitting next to him in the passenger's seat of the car was the oldest of the siblings, a seventeen-year-old boy named Dean Winchester.

   Dean Winchester in the eyes of most was considered to be quite handsome. The boy was tall and rather muscular for his age. If someone were to look close enough on his fair-skinned face, they would easily be able to see the light freckles dusting across his cheeks, grouping together in a small cluster at the very bottom of his chin.

   Jade green irises accompanied his eyes, striking most people in a positive manner, for the color appeared to give off a trusting and warm vibe. The green of his eyes along with his dark blond tresses made Dean look all the more appealing, many teenaged females going into a frenzy when they lay their eyes upon him.

   While it was true that Dean was, in fact, a good-natured person, he was also a seventeen-year-old boy. A teenage boy who had a special love for girls, but it was a love that he considered to be a 'one-time deal', or in other terms, 'a hump and dump' sort of situation. Dean Winchester was not one for long-term relationships, he preferred to only interact with girls as sexual partners.

   However, he could not be blamed for this behavior as when you lived as he did, there was truly no time for long-term relationships.

   If you turned back the clock thirteen years, this is where the story of the Winchester family truly began.

   John and Mary Winchester were a happy couple, young and in love. This love only grew when their first child was born; Dean Winchester, named after Mary's mother; Deanna. For two years, the small family was living in harmony, and then, another pregnancy came along. Of course, John and Mary were thrilled at the news, and so was little Dean.

   Nine months later, John and Mary were gifted with their first baby girl. Emily Winchester was born on a chilly January night, in the U.S. state of Lawrence, Kansas. From the moment she was born, Dean had taken his big brother role to an entirely new level, claiming that nothing would ever happen to her under his watch.

   It was after another two years that the third and final child of the Winchester family was born; Samuel Winchester, or as he prefers to be called now (13 years later), just Sam.

   The family was happy, John and Mary perfectly content with living the 'apple pie' lifestyle. However, it was only a matter of time before their perfect life was torn to shreds.

   It was exactly three months after Sam was born, Emily was two, and Dean was four, that tragedy struck.

   In the middle of the night, a demon named Azazel managed to slip into the nursery of Sam, taunting the little baby. Mary, with her motherly instincts, instantly knew something was wrong and went to investigate. Unfortunately for Mary, her drive to protect her son got her killed and the demon left, setting her body on fire in its wake.