―thirteen

Emily Winchester entered the sewers through the barrens. She knew that trying to go down the well in the Neibolt house would be too difficult and decided that going through the barrens was her best option.

So now here she was, trekking through dirty sewage water trying not to vomit at the smell of shit and piss. She had never been gladder of how thick her hunting boots were than at this minute. Her hand rested on her gun which she kept down but at the ready, her eyes darting around the dark tunnels of the sewers.

Her flashlight was tucked safely within her pockets, but Emily did not want to use it unless she truly had to. The light would attract the attention of the clown and Emily wanted to sneak up on it. Taking it off guard was a better option than trying to face it head-on.

As Emily turned the corner of the dark tunnel, she was met with a gaping mouth of a large entrance.

"What in the actual hell..." Emily muttered as she slowly walked through it, the nasty water splashing as she did so.

When Emily entered the huge area of the sewer her breath was knocked away from the terrifying sight she faced. Floating above her were hundreds of kids, all of whom were the missing children.

Bringing her hand up to her mouth, Emily gasped in shock. The second thing she noticed was Beverly floating in the center of the room, her irises a milky white color. With shaky hands, Emily pulled out her flashlight, turning the light to Beverly.

"Bev..." Emily trailed off in a whimper, her bottom lip quivering.

Emily could tell Beverly was not dead, but she was not sure how to save her. Not to mention she was not even sure how she was supposed to get the younger girl down.

Just next to Beverly was a huge pile of junk ranging from children's toys to trash found on the streets. Perhaps she could climb on it and pull Beverly down.

Before Emily could act on her plan, a gloved hand suddenly wrapped around her mouth preventing any noise from coming out and her body was pulled against an immensely tall figure. She could feel the pom poms of the clown's suit against her back, her body tightly fit against his. Looking up, Emily was met with the sight of bright orange eyes peering down at her.

The clown was so tall that when Emily tilted her head up and the clown tilted his down, they were nearly nose-to-nose.

Narrowing her eyes, Emily growled trying to reach for her machete, but the clown only held her tighter against him so she could not get her weapon.

The clown clicked his tongue, shaking his head. "Naughty, naughty hunter. I think I will keep you for later... after I eat those friends of yours."

Emily let out a scream of rage at the threat, but suddenly she felt the clown lean down until his mouth was in line with her ear. She cringed in disgust as the clown licked her ear lobe, sniffing her for a second.

The clown coughed, making a noise of disdain. "Nasty tasting, but fun for entertainment." He muttered, Emily, wriggling it its grasp again.

"The fuck?" Was all she got out before the clown grasped her and suddenly her mind went numb and her vision turned black.

   "Sleep..." The clown mumbled in her ear as Emily was forced into the land of dreams and nightmares.

□□□□

   "Emily..."

   "Wake up..."

  "Emily, wake up, please. We need you..."