9

Cairo's POV

"The doctor will be with you in a moment." A nurse says.

It's been a month since we got back from the Bahamas and today was the earliest opening with a cardiologist.

"Hello Mrs. Horan." The cardiologist says when he comes into the room while reading my chart.

FUCK OFF.

"Hello Mr. Jansen." I say and try to remain calm.

The cardiologist looks up and see's my face then gets up.

"I'll send in a new doctor." He says then leaves.

"Um?" Isabella says from her spot on my lap.

As soon as we got into the exam room, and I sat down, Isabella sat on my lap and hasn't moved an inch.

"His son is the one who assaulted me." I say.

"Oh I'm gonna..." Isabella says and tries to get off my lap, but I hold her down.

"Do nothing Isabella." I say then cup her face so she has to look at me. "You're going to do nothing. It's over and done with."

"Hello Cairo...Hey Lindsey"

"Oh Hey Dr. Evans." I say and smile at my cardiologist from when I retired.

"So I take it since your back here another episode happened?" Dr. Evans asks.

"Correct."

"Alright hop up on the table and let's see what's going on."

I try to move, but Isabella doesn't move.

"Hey." I say and grab my little girl's hand. "I'll be right there."

Isabella still doesn't move.

"Come on Bella." Lindsey says. "You can sit with her after she's done."

"Fine." Isabella mumbles then sits on her Mommy's lap.

I go and sit on the exam table then Dr. Evans checks me over and starts saying some big medical words that I don't really listen too. Ever since I passed out on the field Lindsey has done a lot of research on my condition so she understands all the medical terms.

After Dr. Evans finishes my exam I sit back in my seat and immediately Isabella sits in my lap and rests her head on my shoulder. Dr. Evans then explains everything to Lindsey while I watch Isabella trace the tattoo on my left forearm.

"I'll give you three some time to decided and I'll be back." Dr. Evans says then leaves.

"So?" I say.

"Best option is either an Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or Beta Blockers." Lindsey answers.

"What do you think is best?"

"Beta Blockers." Lindsey instantly says.

"Okay then." I say then look at our daughter. "Is that okay with you Isabella?"

"Yeah." Isabella says as the door opens.

We inform Dr. Evans of our decision so she writes me a prescription and then sends us on our way. The three of us leave the Doctor's then go over to the Heath's and pick up Scarlett then head to our house.

Once at our home Scarlett and Isabella head up to Isabella's room and I follow Lindsey to the kitchen.

"Everything alright?"

"I think I'm going to go take a nap in the Media room." Lindsey says causing me to pull her into a hug.

"You okay?" I ask since Lindsey rarely takes naps without inviting me to join.