Chapter Six: An Unexpected Twist of Events

Only You | Bakudeku
Chapter 6 | An Unexpected Twist of Events
Word Count | 4725

W A R N I N G S:
Lots of Profanity, Fluff, Lack of Effort Put In
This Chapter

N O T E:
The music chosen above can be played through this entire chapter if you want, no pressure.

༺♥༻

Beep

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

"I-Is he gonna be okay?" Inko's voice croaked, dried tears stain her cheeks while her eyes were red and puffy from all that nonstop sobbing hours ago.

After her request of seeing Izuku has finally been granted a while ago, she saw the horrific scene of him lying on his deathbed and full-on balled her eyes out. She just couldn't believe this is her son right here, covered with bandages and unconscious on the bed with his life on the line.

The doctor wanders around the room for a bit—the fear lurking on his back tried very hard to claw its way inside with every step he took while scribbling some information down on the clipboard provided for him as a serious facial expression etches on his face when he makes eye contact with her.

"The thing is Mrs. Midoryia, your son's condition really concerns me. His body has been impacted with several blows that resulted in him having serious abdominal damage and slipped into a coma. His back has been slightly damaged, though. Nothing more than a bruise will form. But his abdomen I would like to come back to." He drily informs while writing back on his form, the soft gentle sound of the pen against paper again comforted him after he spoke.

"H-How did this even happen?! I-I just send him to pick up a few things and then he ends up beaten by a villain?! What kind of a mother am I?!"

He stops right in front of the hospital bed, gently setting his pen down to give her his full attention as he urges her to remain calm.

"Mrs. Midoryia, this isn't your fault. We still lack any evidence on what exactly happened. Don't doubt yourself about it. The good news is that he'll be able to recover swiftly."

"A-And the bad news?!" She sniffs, hot tears brim at the corner of her eyes.

The doctor takes a moment of silence with a heavy sigh as he recollects himself before breaking the news, "He, ahem, received a blow to the solar plexus, which gave a momentary paralysis of the diaphragm. That ruptured some internal bleeding and needed to be treated immediately. We've already taken care of that but he'll experience immense pain once he wakes up." He rubs his temple with sympathy.