That's not me

Camila and Lauren continued to text. Camila felt that their conversation flows more easily it's as of they've known each other for years. She told this to Lauren and Lauren replied.

C: I feel like we've been friends for years Laur.
L: Uhhh no Camz, we're really not I'm just an acquaintance to you I guess..
C: How could I pass up someone like you? 😞
L: We're so different.
C: How different?
L: Very different.
C: Please elaborate? 😜
L: Let's not talk about it Camz, if that's okay.
C: When I always ask you about my past you always dodge my question.. you don't like me back then? ☹️
L: Like I said, we're so different.
C: Okay. I'll leave it at that I don't want to ruin your mood. But if we're not in good terms back then, know that I'm sorry okay? That's a stupid Camila. I want to make it up to you. ☺️
L: Camz..
C: Laur?
L: Thank you.
C: huh? for what?
L: for being so understanding.
C: nahhh.. I want to thank you.. for giving me a chance. ☺️
L: How's your online classes?
C: Good.. I'm so bored, but I got a text from Vivian.. they said they'll visit me.
L: Oh.
C: Laur?
C: Hey?
C: 😔👋

L: Sorry. I needed to get something.
C: Nah it's okay, I thought you went out or I don't know, sorry for being too clingy. 😔
L: So your friends will visit you in your house?
C: No, my mom doesn't really like them. I'm not that comfortable with them either.. I'll just meet them up I guess.. no cars involve.. my mom doesn't want me driving anymore..
L: She's just worried.
C: She is. Do they know you?
L: No.
C: Oh. Okay, do you want to meet them?
L: No Camz, socially awkward right?
C: Oh yeah.. I'm sorry. I don't think they're also good for you.. they tend to be loud.
L: When will you meet them?
C: Later?
L: Can I ask a favor?
C: Anything Laur.
L: Can you not tell them that we're talking?
C: Why is that? 🙁
L: I just don't want to be involve with a lot of people. Sorry.
C: Oh okay. That's fine. But we're friends no matter what right? Or you don't want me to be friends with them?
L: NO it's not like that Camz.. you can be friends with anybody.. I swear.. I just don't want too much attention..
C: Okay but how about your friends? Can I meet them?
L: Yeah I guess. Like you, they're just new to me too. But I feel comfortable with them.
C: Then I want to meet them! Are you comfortable with me too? 😔
L: Now I am Camz.
C: 😌😌😌😌😌
C: Good.
L: Alright, you should get ready and meet your friends..
C: Oh okay. I'll text you when I get back okay?
L: Okay.
C: Text you later ☺️

Camila felt like Lauren is not telling her something. But it's Lauren she thought. Lauren is very mysterious in a lot of things. Now that she'll be meeting up with Vivian and the others she remembered one thing.  Camila took the box under her bed and search for the unfamiliar photo.

Who are you? Camila thought.

Camila went to the place they're supposed to meet. A small diner few blocks away from her house.

"Mila!" Camila heard as she entered the place. She waved and continued to walk in the table where Vivian and the others we're sitting.

"Ohhh girl! You're healing like a fucking vampire! Does that hurt?" Vivian was about to touch her left eye when Camila swayed Vivian hands off.

"Hey.. don't touch it.. it's still a bit sore.." Camila chuckled and offered a sly smile at Vivian.

"Oh bitch, I can't believe that we are here again.. Alive and aching.." Sarah added earning a good laugh from the rest of the group.

"Uhhh.. I'm not a bitch but yes, I'm happy we're still breathing after that accident.." Camila countered jokingly.

"Ohh girl, yes you are.. a one damn bitch." Grace added mockingly. It was all fun for them but Camila is really not having it. So she decided to sit next to Jerry that offered her a high five.

"Girls.. Mila lost her memory this girl right here is a changed person, right Mills?" Jerry added.

"Thanks! I guess so.. But I have a question.. umm I have this picture of someone and Some of you guys are in it.. I just wanted to know who this is..here.." Camila took the photo from her back pocket and handed it to Jerry.

"Ohhh.. I don't know.. you ask Viv she's there yeah see.."

"Let me see.." Vivian took the photo and and studied it.

"Ha! Sarah you should see this! Remember this? At the girls restroom?" Sarah look at the picture and laugh with Vivian. Camila frowned at the two.

"So who's that?" Camila asked feeling so confused.

"Oohhh what's her name.. ugh I forgot.." Sarah tried to remember but unable to.

"She's nothing important Mila.." Sarah added.

"Well yeah.. but that girl had it coming.. she was in the toilet that day.. combing her hair.. remember? O I forgot you don't remember Mila.. haha.." Vivian started.

"You offered her your old make up kit Mila because her face looks so pale that day.. she didn't even look at you and just decided to leave.. who doesn't answer to the queen herself right?"

"What do you mean!?" Camila asked feeling sick in the pit of her stomach. Vivian continued.

"She didn't answer you.. so you decided to held her in and asked her what's wrong.. she's just so weird she doesn't talk to anybody at school.. so Sarah and I decided to give her a bit of color I guess..."

"The lipstick was quite ruin tho.. that bitch doesn't stand still.. her fault.." Sarah added laughing at the memory.

"WHAAAT!?" You forcefully put a make up on her???" Camila asked irritatedly.

"Come on Mila don't be a hypocrite, you even took a photo.. you were also having fun that day.." Sarah countered.

"I think her name was Law.. La.. Lucy.. Larren?" Grace offered.

Camila suddenly felt the coldness in her hand. Her lips quivered.

"Laur.. Lauren?" Camila asked in a weak voice.

"Yes! Lauren .. that weirdo-" Grace was not yet finish when Camilla stood up clutching both of her hands.

"DON'T!"
"Don't you dare say anything towards Lauren."

Camila calmly walk out from the diner.

"Mila? What the fuck!?" Sarah called out when Jerry ask her not to follow Camila anymore.

"Like I told you, she's a changed person.. let her be.." Jerry added.

Camila wanted to scream. How can she do that? Let alone to Lauren? What kind of a monster she was? Camila continued to walk towards her house.

Was that all there is?
Is that the first and last time I did something bad to Lauren?
Camila thought.

She took her phone and decided to text Lauren.

C: Can we meet tonight?
L: huh? Why?
C: I wanted to see you.
L: Oh. I don't know Camz.
C: You don't want to see me?
L: It's not like that.
C: Yeah, If I were you, I don't want to see me too. I'm sorry Laur.
L: I don't understand, what do you mean.
C: You know what I mean.
L: No, I really don't understand.
C: I'm a monster am I?
L: You remember?
C: No. I don't want to.