never enough (pt.2)

https://bit.ly/2WjxWgi

Shiro

He was introduced a few minutes later. I remember looking up as he walked gracefully across the ballroom floor, his movements graceful and light, dressed in an off-white suit that contrasted his dark skin.

He stepped up to the President and Alfor stood, stepping off of the platform and reaching forward, shaking the man's hand with a grin.

"Curtis," he said warmly. "It's a pleasure to see you again."

Curtis smiled in return, his demeanor like a wave of sincerity and peaceful reservedness.

"The pleasure is mine," he replied, a thick, gorgeous accent coating his words. His voice was rich and deep and it bathed me in a sense of calm. I felt a shiver go down my back and I turned to Keith.

"Who is that?" I whispered to him. Keith's eyes were glued to Lance, who looked stunning I might add. The trapeze artist glanced up and met Keith's eyes, then looked away, fidgeting with the hem of his blazer as he talked quietly with Allura.

Keith tore his gaze from Lance and looked to Curtis. His eyes widened and he turned back to me. "You don't know who that is?"

I shook my head dumbly.

Keith scoffed. "That's Curtis Lind. He's the most famous performer in all of Europe. He's sold out La Scala a dozen times... not to mention the French Opera. He's called the Swedish Nightingale."

I looked back up at Curtis, intrigue settling over my skin. "Introduce me," I requested.

Keith's eyes nearly popped out of his head. Curtis shook Alfor's hand once again and drifted over to the refreshments table. "Are you kidding me?" he whisper-yelled.

"Isn't that what you do?" I asked absentmindedly, grabbing his wrist and dragging him over to where Curtis now stood, sipping a flute of champagne elegantly.

"I don't even know him!"

"Everybody knows him, you just said so yourself."

Keith looked like he was about to punch me but, gaining composer, he straightened himself out and brushed off my hand, resuming a friendly, opulent demeanor.

"Mr. Lind," he started, standing beside the man. He turned and his eyes landed on Keith, then drifted up to me. They were dark and alluring. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up at the attention. "My name is Keith Kogane."

"Hello," Curtis said smoothly reaching out and shaking Keith's hand gently.

"And this... extraordinary gentleman next to me-"

"Takashi Shirogane. The pleasure is mine."

"Pleasure," Curtis murmured silkily, holding his hand out. I shook it and felt a tingle of electricity bolt up my arm at his touch. His hand was warm and soft and I had to keep myself from holding on too long.

Curtis' eyes suddenly lit up in recognition. "Of course, you're the American. I believe I may have heard of you."

I nodded. "Well, if you've heard of me from all the way over in Europe, I must be doing something right."

"That, or something very wrong," Curtis suggested.

"Well, in the world of publicity, there is hardly any difference."

"I believe those are the words of a scoundrel, Mr. Shirogane."

"A showman, Mr. Lind, just a showman."