rose has her thorns

[STATEMENT]

This plot was created by the talented Jorja (janoxhood). Names, character descriptions, and plot credits all go to her. I do not take credit for the baseline plot of this story, nor the name Rosalie Aslop. The original plot idea can be found in the book "PLOT SHOT ; SIDEMEN + FRIENDS" on janoxhood's profile.

CHAPTER 1: rose has her thorns

"Just fucking put it over there, I don't care." Callum shouted, exasperated. The volume made Rosalie flinch, turning and setting his carry-on bag next to the couch where he'd thrown his suitcase.

"I'm trying to be helpful, Callum, Jesus." Rosalie snapped back quickly.

"Well you're acting like my mum! You don't have to handle everything, fuck!" He shouted back, throwing his arms out before turning around and resting both hands on the bench, letting his head hang.

"No, Callum, I'm acting like your girlfriend." She retorted, eyebrows shooting up as she let the bag hang at her side.

She'd picked him up from the airport just an hour ago, and already there was shouting. Rosalie couldn't tell if he was tired or just taking out his anger at breaking his vlogging camera on the closest target - her.

He didn't respond.

Rosalie sighed. She hated all the fighting, and she hated that Callum was all bent out of shape when he'd just arrived back in the country an hour ago. 

She knew how to fix his mood, even just a little, so she slid her hands around his waist where he was leaning, both hands planted on the bench and head down. She hugged herself against his back, leaning her head on his shoulder blade. "I missed you," Rosalie admitted in a little voice, glad that Harry and Callux were still out and that she and Callum had no witnesses yet.

Callum turned around, putting both hands on her cheeks and pulling her up so he could kiss her lips tenderly. "I'm glad to be home." He responded in a more tender tone than before, and Rosalie forced her lips not to turn down at the hollow response.

She rose onto her toes, kissing him again and pushing her body against his. Maybe he was just tired, just relieved to be back in his own house instead of a hotel, maybe there were a lot of factors. Maybe he did miss her, and he just didn't know how to say it. But if she could make him love her for just a minute, maybe ten or twenty, then she'd do what it took.

Their kisses heated up, his hands sliding up her waist beneath the thin fabric of her white blouse. He began undoing the buttons, and Rosalie started to fumble with the zipper of his jeans, undoing it and using his belt loops to pull his hips against hers, feeling the heat low in her stomach.

"I want you," She told him, separating their lips and looking up at him through her eyelashes. Callum smirked, pulling her towards his bedroom and closing the door behind them. Rosalie sat back on his bed, scooting back until her head hit the pillows and Callum climbed on top of her, pulling her shirt open and leaning into her neck to start kissing lower and lower. 

Rosalie pulled the bottom of his hoodie, helping him yank it off as she sat up, pushing him back onto the mattress so she could be on top of him, helping him pull his jeans off as she pulled her skirt up around her waist, sinking down onto him and looking to his eyes. 

He never looked in her eyes, only at her body. She stared, her voice hitching as she started picking up the pace as she rocked her hips, her hands resting on his chest to support herself. Callum's hands explored her body, his breaths coming out in short puffs between his lips, his eyes looking everywhere except for where she wanted.

Callum grabbed her waist and flipped her over onto the bed, hovering over her. There was a moment when she thought he'd take her like that, his face hovering over hers so he had to look her in her eye, share that smile that told her this moment was special, that he loved her too. 

"Roll over." Callum instructed, his breathing heavy as he helped Rosalie flip onto her stomach, arching her back for him. She bit back the moan that formed deep in her throat at the pleasure, her chest feeling heavy as she stared blankly at the white wall in front of her.

"Shit, I'm coming." Cal heaved, his shaking hands fumbling as they pulled back on her hips, harder, faster, until he froze, a shiver raking his body as he let out a heavy sigh. Rosalie rolled onto her back, looking over at him.

He always had this thoughtful look on his face, staring up at the ceiling, his eyes faraway and his lips slightly parted, his freckled cheekbones leading into his tousled hair. She reached out, running her fingers through it and smiling softly. 

"You should probably head out, I've not gotten any good sleep this week and I want to be alone in my own bed tonight." Cal said, only rolling his head to the side to look at Rosalie when he hadn't gotten a response for almost a minute.

She was holding her breath, trying to count each second she spent inhaling and exhaling. Anything to try and not cry. She felt soft inside, but she had to keep her exterior unphased, strong, so Cal wouldn't think she was going insane, so they wouldn't fight over this too.

"Yeah, I totally understand." Rosalie responded coolly, giving him a smile and sitting up so she could start putting her clothes back together. 

Cal gave her an absent kiss on the cheek, pinching her butt with a loud laugh as she left the room, closing the door behind her. As soon as she was out in the hall, she let out a sigh she'd been holding in and started towards the living room where the front door was.

"Leaving already?" Rosalie gave a start, turning to see Harry sitting at the kitchen counter with his laptop in front of him, giving her an unimpressed look.

"Yep, heading home." Rosalie answered flatly, lifting her hand in a tight-lipped farewell as she reached for the door handle.

"Thanks for not fucking on the bench, by the way." Harry tossed out, making her freeze. "But I'm glad you got all you wanted before you left - ya know, fucking and then leaving as you always do."

"Harry, I've not seen you in a week, we seriously do not need to fight right now too." Rosalie sighed, crossing her arms tightly across her chest. "You don't know what you're talking about."

Harry laughed without amusement. "All you two do is fight, seems pretty clear that you're just here still to get sex whenever you want and then disappear." He said simply, leaning against the counter and staring at her emotionless.

Rosalie bit her tongue, willing herself not to say half of what came to the top of her head. "You don't know what you're talking about, Harry, just fucking leave it."

"I know exactly what I'm talking about!" Harry argued, raising his voice. "You're just using my best mate, and I'm not blind like he is."

"Harry, shut the hell up!" Rosalie snapped back. "You have some personal vendetta against me, that's fine, but would you please stop acting like you know my relationship?"

"What's going on out here?" Cal wandered out into the hall, having thrown his hoodie and some trackies on. He looked between Rose and Harry, both looking furious, and stepped up to wrap his arm around his girlfriend.

"She treats you like a piece of meat, Callum." Harry threw a hand out to point to where Cal had wrapped his arm around his girlfriend. "She literally just came here, fucked you, and is leaving."

"Harry - " Callum started, but Rosalie stepped out from under his arm and grabbed the door handle.

"Don't fight my fights for me, Cal. I'm going home, like you asked me to." She said pointedly, glaring back at Harry before slamming the door shut. Rosalie hurried down the hall so quickly that the click of her heels didn't even seem to have a pause between them. She had to get the hell home before anyone saw her cry.