up in flames

CHAPTER 4: up in flames

"Ah, joy," Harry droned sarcastically, turning to see Rosalie entering the room. "I don't know what I expected, really."

She gave him a look that could've melted snow. Her usual makeup was toned up a bit, a dark smokey eye on her lids that intensified the look as if it were actually leaving ashes in its wake. The lads were going out for a night, bringing along a few of the ladies, including Rosalie, Talia, Freya, and Nia.

"You look fit!" Talia gawped, walking over to Rosalie who couldn't help but grin at the compliment. She'd worn fishnets under her shredded black jeans, which peaked a few inches above the waistband to her slim waist. On top she'd worn a little black cropped tank with roses embroidered on, her hair spun into big, bouncy curls and a pair of black heeled boots on her feet.

"Coming from you, it must be a lie." Rose responded, taking in Talia's red dress with a plunging neckline. Her makeup always looked professionally done - probably since the girl herself was basically a professional.

"We ready, boys?" Callum broadcast to the room with his loud voice, dropping an arm around Rose's shoulder. She gazed up at him, at the smile that always included every single part of his face, at his short cropped hair. She'd always liked it better a little longer, a little shaggier, but this buzz was soft and fuzzy and she loved it too.

They headed out to the club, the music thumping so loud that she could feel it inside her stomach. She grabbed a vodka soda to sip, watching as the other boys opted to do a few rounds of shots off the bat, their voices rising as their alcohol intake did.

She lost track of Callum at some point while she was people watching, making up stories of what they must do in their free time, what jobs she'd guess they had. "How can you possibly manage to suck the fun out of being at a club?" Harry asked, sidling up beside her and resting his elbow on a bar stool next to her.

Rosalie rolled her eyes, looking over at him lazily. "How can you possibly manage to pick a fight out of absolutely nothing?"

"I don't like you being here." Harry responded simply, staring her down with his cool blue eyes.

"Clearly." Rose blanched, wrapping her mouth around her straw and sucking back a sip of her drink. "Where's Cal?"

"Why don't you pull up that GPS tracker you've probably got on him?" Harry quipped, lifting his beer in the direction of her phone.

Rose rolled her eyes, shoving her phone into her purse and standing up. "He's probably dancing. Are you coming, or are you going to sit over here and be a spoil sport for the rest of the night?"

She led them into the swarm of dancing bodies, Harry only managing to keep up with her on their search for their friends because her hair stuck out like a rose in a grass field. He slammed into her back, realizing she'd stopped only a second too late to save his beer, which was now mostly dripping down her back.

"What the fuck, Rosalie?" He snapped, looking up to see that she'd not reacted in the slightest to the beer he'd spilled on her, but instead she was transfixed as she watched Callum chatting up a couple of girls, his arm hanging low around the waist of one of them.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?" Rosalie asked coyly, looking up at Callum as Harry picked up on whatever conversation the girl had worked her way into.

"You can talk." Callum jabbed, giving her a sleazy look as he leaned back against the wall, exchanging a look with one of the two girls, who giggled.

"No need to be a dick." Harry said before he could stop himself, switching his now half-empty beer to the other hand and shaking the liquid off of the other.