dead and buried

CHAPTER 5: dead and buried

The front door creaked open, revealing a sight he thought he'd never seen before - Rosalie, but with her hair tied up in a messy bun atop her head, mostly makeup free, and wearing leggings and a sweater rather than her usual put together outfits.

"Harry," She said, pushing the door closed behind her and giving him a firm look.

"Rose," He responded, inclining his head in a nod as he lifted his mug of coffee to his lips.

That was enough for them, and Rosalie walked down the hall and disappeared into Callum's room, from which Harry could hear muffled words a moment later.

Rosalie slid into the empty side of Callum's bed, slipping her shoes off and curling up against his bare back. A moment later, he let out a sleepy sigh and rolled over, sliding both hands onto her cheeks and looking her straight in the eyes.

She wished he'd done that sooner.

"I am so sorry." Callum assured her, his eyes not wavering for a moment. Rose nodded, giving him a tiny smile that took more energy than she wished it had. 

"I know you are." Rosalie answered, leaning in and brushing her nose against his before she kissed him tenderly, slowly sliding her hands down his chest.

He gave her what she'd needed, now she'd let him have his.

It was better sex than she felt it normally was, because it wasn't as fast and disconnected, because they were both tired mentally and physically, and this took more of them than it usually did. She hoped he was feeling something more than what he usually did, or maybe it was just her. But if he apologized to make her happy, she'd do this for him.

When it was over, he cuddled her, too. Rosalie didn't have to force herself to smile this time, and she let herself slip easily into a light sleep. Callum peeled himself away from her, pulling on his trackies and a top and quietly leaving the room to go fix some breakfast.

He figured if it got her to be satisfied, he'd get what he wanted from their relationship, too.

Harry was sat at the bench still, sipping his coffee and scrolling away on his laptop. He glanced up at Callum as he entered the room, pulling eggs from the fridge and some waffles out of the freezer. "Morning." Harry greeted, giving Callum a glance and getting no response.

Cal cracked the eggs into a pan, getting to work and tossing some waffles into the toaster. He poured two glasses of orange juice in silence, stirring the eggs in the pan and keeping his lips tightly closed.

When the toaster dinged and the eggs were done, Callum loaded up two plates, balancing the glasses of orange juice in the center of the plate and sticking two forks into his pocket. Before he lifted the plates and disappeared quietly to his room, he paused, facing Harry. Harry looked up from his laptop, raising his eyebrows when he saw Callum facing him.

"This is your fault, you know." Callum told him, nodding towards his room where Rosalie slept. "If you didn't try so hard to split us up, we both wouldn't be letting your shit get to our heads and we wouldn't have fought."

"You can't pin this all on me," Harry defended, setting his coffee on the counter as his hands started to shake angrily.

"Yeah, I can when it's all your fault." Callum quipped back. "You almost got what you wanted, splitting us up. I'm glad you didn't." He told Harry, picking up the plates and turning back to his room. He paused at the start of the hallway, turning back to give Harry a hard look. "Don't talk to us again."

By the time he made it back to his room, Rose was stirring. She blinked heavily a few times, stretching her arms over her head with a light groan before she pushed herself up on her palms, looking at Callum greeting her with breakfast and a grin.

"You made this?" She asked, tilting her head to the side and holding out her hands to take the plate. Callum nodded proudly, producing the forks from his pocket and handing one over to Rosalie.

"Finest dining you've ever had." Cal joked, climbing up onto the bed beside her and clinking his glass of orange juice against hers. "So, how was your morning?"