sowing the seeds

CHAPTER 10: sowing the seeds

"Hey guys, today I'm here with Rosalie," Freya introduced, sticking an arm up into the air with a flourish and gesturing to me, "and today we're going to be testing to see how well we know each other."

"Hey, guys!" Rosalie waved, looking up at the camera from her spot at the Sidemen's kitchen bench.

"In front of us we have nine shots of alcohol that Josh put together for us that are each forfeits," She said, stumbling slightly over her words as she motioned towards the different shot glasses in front of them.

"And they all smell seriously strong." Rose added, laughing as she and Freya exchanged a look. 

"So if I get it wrong, you choose for me what shot I'm taking, and I choose for you," Freya explained, and Rose wrinkled her nose, bobbing her head as she took in the rules for the game. "I've got fifteen questions that Talia wrote for us to answer, and we both have dry erase boards to put them on for us to reveal."

"Sounds good, I'm ready." Rosalie nodded, rubbing her hands together and looking over at Freya. "I'm totally gonna win this."

"No you're not!" Freya gasped, looking from Rosalie to Josh, who was hanging out behind the camera, with a laugh on her face. "I know way more about you!"

"No you don't!" Rose laughed, shaking her head and raising her eyebrows at Josh. "Do you think she'll win?"

Josh shrugged, giving Freya a timid look. "All I'm saying is that you say all the time that you've got a rubbish memory, Frey." He held his hands up in mock defense, laughing along with Rosalie as she pointed both fingers at Freya in victory.

"Even Josh knows I'll win! He'd put money on it, wouldn't you?" Rose asked, turning and raising her eyebrows at Freya's boyfriend.

"I'd put money on Rosie losing." Harry's voice cut in as he walked behind them on the camera, making Rose's eyes go wide as she turned to glare at him hotly. 

"Do people call you Rosie?" Freya interrupted, tilting her head at Rosalie, who shook hers in response.

"Harry does sometimes, but I don't usually like it." She admitted, before turning to raise her eyebrows at him. "Do you even know what we're doing?" She asked, crossing her arms at Harry. He shook his head, making Freya and Josh both laugh in unison.

"No, but I'd still pay money to see you lose." He blanched, ducking as Rosie grabbed a piece of paper and crumpled it into a ball, throwing it at him.

"Ten pounds!" Josh chimed in, and Rosie and Freya gaped at each other in disbelief.

"I'll put ten pounds down." Harry shrugged, grabbing a cup of water and wandering over with his hand out, shaking Josh's.

Freya shook her head, giving Josh an unimpressed look as Rosie pursed her lips, giving Harry a fiery look. "Now I have to win, damn it."

"Alright, then, first question." Freya got to the point, pulling up a list on her phone. "What is their star sign?"

Rosalie's jaw dropped instantly, giving wide eyes to the camera and then to Freya, who was scribbling on her whiteboard already. "Star signs are absolute bollux! How am I supposed to know that?"

"Want to give me that ten pounds now?" Harry asked, holding his hand out to Josh, making both him and Freya laugh.

Rosalie glared again, writing one of the only answers she knew down and covering it with her hands. "On three?" Freya nodded, and they counted down before revealing their answers.

"See, I can't even tell you if you're right because I haven't got a clue what my star sign is!" Rose laughed.

"She's right," Harry nodded, looking down at his phone. "Your birthday is June 24th, right? That makes you a Cancer."

"Well then, are you a Leo?" Rosalie asked, turning her board to Freya, who laughed.

"I'm a Virgo!" She said, shaking her head.

Rosalie groaned, shoving her hair away from her face. "It's the only sign I know!"

"Drink up!" Freya laughed, lifting a couple of different shots and sniffing them before she grimaced, holding out a shot of whiskey to Rose with a victorious smile. "Only because I know you hate whiskey." She teased, laughing as Rose gave her a shove but took the shot, throwing it back with a wince.

Josh and Harry cheered, Freya wrinkling her nose at the thought of having to take any of the shots. Rosalie wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, shaking her head and wiping her dry erase board off. "Alright, let's get this over with."

A few wrong questions later, Rosalie was sufficiently tipsy, having taken four shots in a row after failing to name both of Freya's cats, her favourite song, and both of her parents' names. "Frey, I think any questions I get wrong are because I'm going to be too drunk to answer them." Rosalie admitted, making the boys and Freya all laugh at her dopey smile.

Of the next five remaining shots, Freya only got two questions wrong before Rosalie had to down the last three in a row, the boys' shouts getting progressively louder at each question the girl got wrong. By the fourth shot, Rosalie's answers were borderline incoherent on her white board.

"Alright, you guys, we need to end this video before Rose literally blacks out," Freya laughed, stuttering over her words a little more so than before. "I am the clear winner, I know Rosalie better than I think she knows herself."

Rosie pumped a fist into the air victoriously, giving Harry a cheeky middle-finger over the view of the camera. "Joke's on you, I'm making you buy me Maccas with that tenner!"

"Alright, see you in the next video, bye!" Freya waved at the camera, Rosalie lifting both hands to wave as well before she leaned forward in the chair, giving Josh a joking pout as he handed Harry a tenner, slapping it down in the boy's palm as he laughed.

"Harryyy, I have good news for you, you have to drive me home!" Rosalie cheered, shoving her hair behind her ears and out of her flushed face.

"How is that good news for me?" Harry asked incredulously, Freya and Josh both laughing at his confused look.

Rosie grinned, holding her hands together in her lap. "Because you don't have to get yourself a lift home from one of the boys who can't drive to save their lives. And, we're going to Maccas on the way home."

Harry threw his hands up, shaking his head at her before he walked around in front of the camera. He flashed a look at the lens, then wrapping an arm around Rose's shoulder and helping her stand up. "Alright, well, seeing as I have somehow become her personal driver, we'd better get heading out."

Josh shook Harry's hand as Rosalie grabbed Freya into a hug, grabbing onto Harry's arm and hanging her weight on him with a sleepy smile. "Harry, can we listen to One Direction on the way home?" She whispered, leaning into his arm.

Harry sighed, looking down at the top of her red head as she nuzzled into his arm, making his stomach flutter. He held back a smile, nodding although she couldn't see him. "Sure, Rosie, we can listen to One Direction."