This is going to sting

You let a groan passed your lips as the mercenary shoved you toward their group. You attempted to help the citizens of this city but it appeared to be that you failed and you likely be killed in a few moments. But you won't leave this world without struggling to survive. You observed the situation, analyzing your own wounds to be aware of what you could do or not.  Ths city was important to your eyes. It's where you were born, it's where lived and it's where you lost everything. If you had to die here, you will do it by eliminating those people, with honour. The soldier hit the back of your knee, you kneeled down as they put their hand on your shoulder to force you. There were 3 of them, including the one behind you. You could take them out. You still had your gun in your holster. 

"Lieutenant! We found this one killing our soldiers." They called someone and your blood boiled inside of you. You didn't wait for your plan to be more elaborate. The view of the man in front of you made me mad. You gritted your teeth to not lose control of yourself. But you felt yourself driving to the side you never wanted to face.

You grabbed your gun and shot at the man behind you without regret. You used their body as protection while the others aimed at you. You jumped out of their sight, covering yourself behind a wall. You received a bullet at your leg but you could still run. The adrenaline running in your veins keeping your senses sharp. You reloaded your gun, as you grabbed your smoke grenade. You threw it on the ground as you waited for the screen of smoke to appear. When it had, you blasted all of your bullets on the two men and one on the Lieutenant, his leg so he wouldn't move or at least slowly. You rolled on the ground to get to him then took away his weapon so he wouldn't heal himself or hurt you even more. You tore his piece of outfit where the emblem of Talon stood proudly. You gripped it tighter in your hands, your eyes getting wet.

"Is this what you've become? A terrorist? Perpetuating the destruction that happened to our homeland years ago? Is this truly you, brother? Or should I call you Lieutenant Augustin? Like those soldiers called you?" You showed him the piece of cloth. You were enraged, blinded by your anger, your pain and your memories.

It's been years you thought all your family died. After what happened to your country, you didn't hope for someone to be alive. It was only destruction, and you believed you were the lucky one that survived. And when you found one of them alive, what do you discover? That they go against everything you've believed and fought for. Baptiste was mute as he regained from his own shock. It's true he believed Talon was a good idea but as he watched the scenery that laid before him, he knew it wasn't. And all the sobs he cried when he faced this same destruction years ago, he heard them all again. The flames eating everything, the smoke filling the sky, the gunshots fired and the bombs getting detonated. He felt like a kid again but this time, it was his fault all of this was happening. And he didn't notice it until you came. It was the lie he built up, the one he lived in for so long.

"I'm... I'm sorry," he muttered as he realized what he has become. It was his fault, he couldn't deny it. But being aware of this was already a start. And you acknowledged it. You swallowed your bitterness as well as your anger for the moment.

"Be sorry to them then, words can't change this situation but your actions can. C'mon bro, let's end this together." You gave him back his weapons then you held out your hand to him. He chuckled as he grabbed your hands. 

"Let's do it, together." It was a great time, fighting alongside your brother. It reminded you of your childhood, playing with him when school was over. It brought back memories you buried a long time ago. But each moment had its end. You let a sigh while wiping away the blood of your face. Your brother sat down as he placed his weapon on the ground. He handed you his two hands and you raised your eyebrows.

"Why giving me your hands?" Baptiste seemed confused for a moment and so were you.

"Aren't you going to handcuff me and send me to prison?" You scoffed as you shook your head. You watched in front of you the scenery. It felt like you were reviving the same event again and again. You wondered how many times you will be able to take it.

"I was mad at you a few hours ago, still am. But I know you'll do good from this moment. I'm aware you'll do better now than in prison. Just promise Baptiste, you won't harm in the name of destruction, power or hate." Baptiste held out his pinky finger. You used your own pinky finger to hold it against his and seal the promise. 

"I promise," he told you with confidence. You both smiled as you opened your arms. Baptiste removed everything that held him down to Talon to put it on the ground. Talon was in the past, and a brand new chapter commenced today. Baptiste came closer to hug you.

"We'll go separate ways, but don't forget to send me letters or call me, okay? I'm sure you have your ways." You broke the hug as you walked away. You heard him go away too. It wasn't a meeting you expected. You still felt puzzled about your brother's case, but you couldn't put all the blame on him. He may have not been picked up by a monk like you. You were lucky to have changed the mind of your brother to something better than Talon. You could leave in peace.

Picture on Tumblr:
https://mcpippins.tumblr.com/post/183082801602/do-you-want-a-bandage-for-that

-Astarlow