you make me live ; two

mystery girl's pov

it all happened when i went ice skating. i was with my best friends, hannah and katie. hannah and i were on the ice, and katie was still getting her skates on. i was laughing with her about something stupid and when i turned round, i was immediately greeted with this tall ass man bounding into me. i barely had time to react before i felt the back of my skates grate against the ice and before i knew it, i was flat on the floor, with this stranger directly on top of me. he looked at me and i looked at him and he immediately went bright red. at this time katie walked onto the ice and glid over to us.

"for fucks sake! i leave you for two minutes, and you have a boy on top of you!" katie exclaimed, she was trying to hold back laughter at the ordeal.

as i was regaining my composure, i could hear his mumbled apologies.

"i-i'm so so sorry oh my god." he said, he looked like he just seen a ghost.

the boy he was with was absolutely pissing himself at our whole encounter.

"uhh it's fine don't worry!" i said back, smiling.

"oh good then, are you hurt?" the boy asked me.

"nah i'm good! thank you anyway." i replied.

i went to skate away, but the boy glid over and whispered in my ear,

"let me take you out for coffee, you know, to apologize," he whispered with a smirk, "put your number in my phone." he added

"you're technically not meant to have your phone on the ice," i said, laughing, "but i guess i can make an exception for you, mystery boy." i said, smirking.

i created a new contact and typed my number in. i then typed in my name.

"holly. cute name for a cute girl." joe said, reading the new contact on his phone.

again, joe went red as he realized what had just came out of his mouth, "fuck, did i say that out loud?" he asked quietly.

"yes you did, mystery boy. but don't worry, the feeling's mutual, darling." i said with a smirk as i finally glid away to my friends.

as i skated over to my friends, the first thing i heard was,

"oooooh holly's got a date!" hannah said, loudly, almost a little too loud.

"oh shut up. he's just being nice, however i will say that he is cute." i said, feeling my cheeks burn.

"oooh you like him!" hannah said, a little quieter this time.

"shut up. i can't decide if i like him right now, i only just met him." i replied.

holly just left the entire conversation at that, but i couldn't keep the mystery boy out of my head.

after ice skating, hannah and katie came round for pizza and cookies, but soon after they left, i i heard my phone buzz.

i immediately smiled at the text. opening it and changing the contact name to,

"mystery boy😘."

the text was simple, however i analyzed it carefully. he typed in all lowercase and left "x" on the end of his text, i thought this was a cute touch.

"hey holly, it's the guy from skating today. when do you want to get coffee. anytime works for me, i'm never busy lol x"

i quickly typed out a reply,

"hey mystery boy, anytime works for me. do u want to do it tomorrow? i'm not busy x"

i then clicked off the messages app and went to call hannah.

"HANNAH GUESS WHAT!" i yelled down the phone.

"OH MY GOD DID YOUR FUTURE MAN TEXT YOU BACK?!" hannah yelled back down the phone.

"YES WE'RE GOING FOR COFFEE TOMORROW YOU NEED TO COME ROUND TOMORROW AND HELP ME PICK WHAT TO WEAR!!" i shouted.

"of course i will! just text me when you're going and i'll get there a good two hours before." she said, finally lowering her pitch.

"see you tomorrow!" i said, hanging up the call.

i was ecstatic, cute mystery boy had texted me.

my phone buzzed again, it was another text from him.

"that's fine i'll come pick u up at like 12 tomorrow then? xx"

"that's cool! see you then xx"

i was internally screaming.

i then went to text hannah.

"can u come over at like 10 tomorrow he's picking me up at 12? xx"

"yes ofc go get ur mans sis!! xx" hannah replied.

i chuckled, hannah had clearly been spending too much time on twitter.

just as i was about to go to bed, my phone buzzed again.

joe_mazzello has requested to follow you

i went to accept the request. i liked his most recent post and shut my phone off and placed it on my night stand.

i drifted off to sleep, thinking about cute mystery boy.

a/n

slightly shorter chapter but i hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. i love this chapter so much, i love holly and her friends' personalities. xx