you're the first one ; part 7

(this is a little chapter about ben and chloe from one of the earlier chapters cause i wrote about them and never took it any further)

ben's pov

ever since i met chloe in the cafe that day, i had been texting her almost daily. she studied dance and theatre arts at new york university, she came from a highly wealthy family so why she worked at a cafe was a mystery to him. her reasoning was that she wanted to stay down to earth, her family's wealth didn't define her.

she was a very interesting person who was very passionate about what she studied. she knew she was born to be a star and looked up to many broadway stars and 60s actors like marilyn monroe. she was from the UK as well but moved to new york about 5 years ago.

ben started to really like her, he liked her for her personality and the way she was. from her dedication to her dreams and her desire to stay down to earth she was perfect for him, not to mention she was heart-stoppingly gorgeous.

ben decided he was going to ask her out.

"hey, i was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me tonight?" ben texted chloe.

ben took a deep breath and set his phone down, nervously awaiting the reply.

it wasn't long until he heard his phone buzz. he checked his phone and felt his heart drop with the reply.

"sorry, i have other plans." the reply read

ben looked at the reply in shock.

"are you fucking crazy of course i'll go on a date with you!!" another text came in.

ben was relieved and he giggled. he replied,

"i was really worried for a minute there, does 5:30 sound okay? x" ben said.

"sounds perfect! where are you taking me?" she replied

"that's a secret ;)" ben said.

ben was so excited about this. his perfect date was a walk around times square, dinner in hell's kitchen and then a boat ride out to the statue of liberty, and there was no one he wanted to spend his perfect date with more.

he texted joe, "guess what."

joe quickly replied, "what?"

"i got a date with chloe." ben quickly typed.

"no way!!" joe said.

"yes way!! come over and tell me what i should wear."

"you're lucky i'm not doing anything right now,
on my way." joe said.

ben wanted to get out his chair and jump around, he was absolutely lovestruck.

it was no time at all before joe was at his door.

ben practically sprinted to the door, he was absolutely giddy with excitement but he needed to calm down.

"hey!" joe said, wiping his shoes on the doormat.

it was currently 4:24 so they had no time to waste, they quickly went up the stairs to raid ben's wardrobe.

they picked out many outfits but eventually decided on a leather jacket, a plain white t shirt and black jeans.

by this time it was around 5 so he had to get a move on. he quickly texted chloe and got her address, grabbed his phone, wallet and keys and quickly went on his way.

"good luck!" joe said as he got in his car as well.

"thank you!" ben shouted as he jumped into his car, putting his keys in the ignition.