it's you you're all i see ; three

joe's pov

my eyes fluttered open, the warmth of my bed surrounding me as i stretched. after a few moments, i soon realized what day it was. i had my "date" with holly at 12. i quickly checked my phone and looked at the time. it was 8 o'clock, i had loads of time.

i sat in bed on my phone for half an hour and then i finally got up and went for a shower. i then brushed my teeth and then i went back to my room. just as i had changed into pajamas, ben knocked at the door. the previous night i had texted ben and asked him to help me with what to wear.

i went down the stairs to answer the door,

"hey, how are you?" i asked, still slightly tired.

"i'm good mate, how are you?" ben replied, taking his coat off at the door.

"whenever you're ready come upstairs and help me pick what to wear." i said, disappearing up the stairs.

after a moment, ben opened the door to the room, he went straight to the wardrobe, no hesitation.

"okay so you're only going for coffee so you don't want to go to formal. i'd say jeans, a t- shirt and maybe a jumper or coat?" ben advised.

"uhh sure? i'm pretty clueless when it comes to fashion so just pick what you think would be good." i replied.

after what seemed like forever, ben had finally finished rummaging around and picking stuff out. there was three outfits on the bed.

"right, first we have a burgundy t-shirt, with light wash jeans and white trainers." ben said.

"hmm i don't know if i like it." i replied.

"that's fine, next we have a blue button down, a navy blue jumper, dark wash jeans with black trainers." ben said.

"i really like that actually, i forgot i had that jumper!" i said with a laugh, examining the outfit.

"and lastly we have a white polo shirt, dark wash jeans and white trainers." ben said.

"i think i wanna go for the second one." i said.

"okay, go try it on then!" ben said, rushing me out of the door.

after a while, i walked back in.

"that really suits you joe, it really captures your style." ben said.

"uh i'm not sure i have a style but thank you!" i said.

i then went to comb my hair, i never usually styled my hair either, i just combed it and then ran a hand through it.

ben helped me, we ended up pushing up the front of his hair into a quiff sort of situation and making the rest look "not horrible."

ben left soon after they had finished, and i realized it was 11:30.

"shit i have to leave." i mumbled to myself, checking i had my keys, wallet and phone.

i then realized, i didn't know where to pick her up. i was such an idiot, while i was trying to be smooth i ended up saying i'd pick her up not knowing where she lived?

i then sent her a text,

"hey can you text me your address? xx"

i patiently waited for a response, and then his phone buzzed. he entered the address into google maps and turned on the satnav.

i eventually found his way to her house and sent her a text,

"hey i'm outside, just come when you're ready :)"