Part Two

"The first time was eleven years ago in that bar." Miles thought to himself as he looked out the window. He purposefully said those words that night so he wouldn't be saddled with those unnecessary feelings and move on without feeling any kind of rejection from him. As he thought Wright never brought up anything about that it so it was safe to assume he had no recollection of the night. The second time Miles professed his feelings it was a much more serious scenario. It happened when Maya was kidnapped by Shelly de Killer. Edgeworth remembered the incident very well. He returned to the country immediately after Gumshoe contacted him about the situation. The fly back home seemed like an eternity, and once again those feelings for Wright that he tried so hard to let go of and run away from had returned once again. He knew Wright would be furious with him once he returned and Miles really couldn't blame him but since Franziska was shot it became personal and he took on her case.

As he predicted Phoenix was furious and even said he never wanted to seem him ever again. It hurt Miles but he knew Phoenix didn't mean it and he just needed some time. Down at the precinct Edgeworth decided to issue a search group to find Miss Fey's whereabouts. He gave Detective Gumshoe the lead role of the investigation. Gumshoe might have been a clumsy idiot but he was a passionate detective and grew to care for Maya as a dear friend. He was perfect for leading the group to find the missing Maya Fey. Edgeworth's office was still exactly the same as he left it, untouched. It almost appeared that it was welcoming him home. He sat at his desk with files in hand about Shelly de Killer. A few cups of tea and hours later there was a sudden knock at his office door. "Come in." he said not raising his eyes from the papers on his desk. Much to his surprise there stood Wright with a briefcase in one hand and the transmitter keeping him in contact with de Killer in the other. Wright did not move his eyes from the floor appearing to be embarrassed to even be standing there. He had a pained expression, tear stained cheeks, and bags under his eyes. Miles could tell Phoenix hasn't slept since the disappearance and his tear stained face was evident enough that Phoenix was nearly at his breaking point.

The words Wright said to Edgeworth earlier still weighed on his heart but he knew now wasn't the time to recoil Phoenix's anger back towards him. "Come in Wright, have a seat." he said as he rose from his desk. Phoenix nodded and walked to the sofa placing his briefcase flat so he can open it to reveal the various files and paperwork from the Engarde case. Edgeworth walked over to his serving area to make some tea. "Here you go." he said as he offered the cup and saucer filled with a lavender infused tea. "Thank you." Wright said softly not meeting his eyes. He made it special hoping it would calm Phoenix down so he could actually get some decent sleep. "So should we share what we know about this mess of a case?" Edgeworth said as he sat down at his desk once more. Phoenix finally made eye contact with him and nodded. His cerulean blue eyes were full of sorrow and anger but there was also determination which cause Miles' heart to skip a beat. Wright really did care for the young Fey girl, Miles knew this very well and felt even more complied to help this man he cared so deeply for. They spent many hours discussing what they knew so far and all the possible outcomes. Wright must have dozed off at some point since he was no longer replying to Edgeworth's voice.

He rose from his desk and decided to make himself another cup of tea. While he was stirring his tea and walking back to his desk he looked over to the couch at the sleeping Wright. Miles was relieved that the lavender infused tea finally pulled Phoenix into a much needed sleep. He placed his cup and saucer on his desk and quietly walked over to the slumbering attorney. He saw that Phoenix had the transmitter in one hand lying across his chest and the other other drooped over the edge of the cushions with files he was once holding on the floor. Miles picked up the papers, from what he could tell Phoenix finally looked somewhat at ease and a bit more relaxed. He leaned down with one hand supporting himself on the back of the couch and the other holding the fallen papers. He whispered ever so softly "Wright, I like you." and gave the lightest kiss upon his left cheek. As he lifted his head back up he saw an ever so slightly small smile develop at the corner of Phoenix's lips.