C3 •thinkin' of chances•

So what if I wake up with a attitude?
You assumin' that I must be mad at you
Didn't get no sleep with you last night
Know it hurts when I swerve, but I had to
So what if I wake up with a attitude?
You assumin' that I must be mad at you
I just rolled out of bed on the wrong side
Now we're in a bad mood

>•<

MICHAEL
After practically begging Calida to come with me on her break so that I can tell her wassup, we were now at least five minutes onto the road. I had decided to bring her to a nice soul food joint called Betty's. It was about fifteen minutes away from the salon so, I'll be able to have her back to work on time. The ride to Betty's was pretty silent and a little awkward and tense being that Calida really ain't wanna be around me right now as it is. I would glance at her every ten seconds to see her either on her phone or looking out of the window.

She was really beautiful in her yellow long sleeved dress and her light denin jacket and all white Converses. Her hair was curly as usual and her makeup was natural with a little shade of brown lipstick on her plump lips that I so desperately wanted to have a lil' taste of. I wanted to end the silence even though the music was softly playing from the radio, but I just needed to hear her voice again.

"You lookin' all pretty today." I finally say, breaking the silence between us and she slowly sets her gaze on me.

Raising a brow, she responds, "Thank you..." taking a short pause to examine me up and down with her own eyes, she placed them back on mine, "and you don't look bad yourself I guess."

That's a start.

"Thank you." I smile at her, but she doesn't return it.

"Where are you takin' me, though? Yo' ass never once mentioned where the fuck we was goin'."

And there was the attitude once again. I swear, it was as if she woke up with one. Just seconds ago she was doing a little okay then quickly went back to beast mode. I'd be lying if I said I ain't like dat shit. It was a complete turn on for me and the way her forehead would wrinkle all up and her nostrils would flare. It was real cute to see her pissed and in her attitude phase. But, of course, I was gonna break her outta that shit once she finds out he truth today. I'll do anything I have to do to win her over. Even if that means going through the pits of hell for this girl.

My feelings were real and they were deep and the only thing I'm fearing is her reaction to when I do confess everything to her. Calida's mind has been made up and in her mind I am someone she despises. I am someone she wouldn't eva forgive. I am someone who she would really not give a chance to and the thought of that shit hurts and scares me. I don't want to see her with nobody else but me. Yeah, I'm selfish, but it's true. She always had been mine since the moment I knew I liked her.

"We goin' to Betty's." I answer her inquiry mind.

"Betty's?" She gasps, "I love that place." She smiled at the reveal of where we're going.

I smiled in return. "I was hopin' you would. It's the best in Gary."

She nods in agreement. "Yeah, it is."

It grew silence between us once again as I came to a red light, slowing down to a complete stop. We were at least two minutes away now from the restaurant. I took this moment to look at her and she must have felt me staring 'cause she turned to look at me with a smug look.

"The fuck you keep starin' at me for?" She asks with that attitude again.

I bit down on my lip and grinned. "I'm just happy to know you givin' me a chance to say what I need to say." I turn my attention towards the front of me to see that the light changed to green and I slowly sped off.