C12 •settlin' down•

You're my happiness
My joy (Joy)
And all because of you boy
I look forward to the time
I spend with you
Whatever it is we do
Cause I'm fallen for you boy

YEAR 2019, March 21

MICHAEL
Last month was such a busy month for both me and Calida. Not only did she continue to work being that it's practically a sitting job (but worked three days out of the week) we also had a maternity shoot to do and our surprise baby shower that Passion, my mama and Deborah put together. I had to admit, it was bomb. The baby blue, white, and gold decorations were fit for our little prince and we couldn't have asked for a better theme than that. A few celebrity friends also came for support such as, SZA, Chris Brown, Cardi B and a host of others. The hall was pretty packed that day, and everything turned out amazing.

As for the maternity shoot, we've recieved our pictures-thankfully-before the baby shower and some were put up for display, which we were complimented on personally and on social media for those who couldn't attend. Now that February was long gone, there was one more thing to do... An upgrade. What I mean by that is, it was time for me to propose to Calida. I've had everything planned out for a little over month now and I chose to propose on the day of our first date, which was last year starting tomorrow. I would have done it the day we were in Atlanta and made everything official in May, but my patience just wouldn't allow me to wait.

Besides, my son would be here before or after. There was no telling because not all babies are born on the initial due date. But most importantly, I've at least wanted to bring my son into the world in the right way, some way shape, or form. At least we'll be engaged before his arrival.

So that's what brings me here today in the mall at Zales with my sister LaToya. I went to pick her up and we traveled to the mall for the perfect ring. I pretty much had an idea of the size Calida wore and it was a solid eight, so I didn't have to give myself away by trying to find ways to measure her damn finger. I really wasn't a picky person and if somethin' was appealing to my eye sight, I'd get it. But... having your older sister with you who loved your girl possibly more than you did, chooses something way more exquisite than what you picked out. Her choice was the perfect one.

"So I guess my choice just wasn't good enough, huh?" I asked her, smirking. The jeweler had then went towards the back for the size I needed and to box it it for me.

"I mean, you didn't ask me to come and help for nothin'. Besides, Cali deserves the biggest rock on her finger if you're trying to wife her up. After all you've put her through, Mike, she deserves that princess cut I picked out." She smiled knowingly.

I nudged her shoulder and replied, "Shut dat shit up, but you're right. She deserves the best of the best and I'm glad you're a big deal of help," I looked at the ring I had chosen on display and pointed to it, "I think I would have settled for that shit."

"I know I'm right. I just can't wait to help plan the wedding since I didn't plan the baby shower."

I never really thought about the planning process of the wedding and if I could, I would just skip that part and marry Calida. I wanted for her to experience what every girl has ever dreamt of since a little girl. I wanted for her to have her dream wedding, so whatever it is that she wanted, she was gon' get. But what was gon' hurt her the most is the fact that her brother wouldn't be the one to walk her down the aisle and give her away. She's told me how they made a pact that it would be him to do that on her wedding day someday. Since their father passed away when they were just practically babies, Cahiry took over that father figure role as they got older. He was her world. That's why I wanted to name our son after him in his honor.