C6 •more than apologies•

You had a lot to say
No more talking
You can use that mouth in other ways
'Cause I want it now
I want it now
Now

YEAR 2018, April 30

CALIDA
"Soo," Passion drawls out, staring at me with a smirk on her face as she sat across from me of our booth at Betty's, "how have you and Michael been lately? Y'all official yet?"

I had to throw my head back slightly and laugh because this girl asks me the same shit every other week. Since Michael and I went to Chicago on our first obvious date, we've been inseparable ever since. The phone calls, the texts, even the FaceTime calls and visits to each other's homes are consistent. I can really and truly say when Michael says he's going to do something, he does it. It's been almost two months since we started to casually date but nothing was official.

In my personal opinion, I didn't want to rush and besides, I wanted to see how far this could go before I let my guard down completely and give him that chance of being more than just a friend to me. As for him, he didn't want to rush me either as he has mentioned before, so he was willing to be patient with me. I can't deny the chemistry between us and the physical attraction but overall, we have something more than just that. Our feelings were running so deep and I knew one of these days, it's going to be a done deal. I was going to be his girl when the right time came.

Taking a sip of my lemonade, I reply, "We've been good. Everything is steady but nothin' is official between us still."

Passion rolled her eyes dramatically. "Bitch, y'all walkin' 'round here like y'all a couple ya might as well say y'all togetha? What you waitin' on, sis?"

"We just takin' things slow, PD. We not in no rush for a relationship."

"But it's been two months-a month or so since y'all been dating or whateva da fuck ya wanna call it. I just feel like why wait when y'all already doin' shit couples do." She shrugs.

I roll my eyes then smiled at her. "You wouldn't understand since you and Marshun fucked after the second date y'all had. Ain't dat what you told me?"

She sucked her teeth, slitting her eyes at me, "No comment."

My smile grew wider, "My point exactly. Besides, we're going to make it official very soon so don't worry-" I was cut off mid sentence from my phone ringing on the table. I look at my screen to see Michael FaceTime'ing me and my cheeks began to feel flushed from the fact we spoke him up.

"Must be Michael callin'." Passion smirks knowingly, taking a bite of her po-boy.

"You know it," I tell her answering the call as the screen changed, showing his handsome smiling face, "hey, Michael."

"Wassup, mami," he looks me up and down briefly, "you look beautiful as hell. How are you?"

"I'm good and thank you," I blushed, "I'm on break with Passion at Betty's right now. How about yo'self?"

"Wassup, Passion!" He shouts through the phone making me chuckle and Passion smile. I switch my phone around so that she could see him.

"Hey, Michael. We were just talkin' 'bout you." She says with a smirk and I give her a look.

"Good things, I hope." He chuckled and I quickly remove my phone from in front of her so that she wouldn't run her mouth about us being together.

"It was." I confirm and he gives me a suspicious look.

"Mhm," he hums making me laugh, "and to answer your question, I've been good. Ya know, working at my office and getting some visual ideas written down and things together for my camera crew for this week."