Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Gridlocks POV

Dammit, why do I get stuck on babysitting detail? It’s not my fault that stupid leech got the upper hand on me. I know I would have gotten away and made her pay myself in the end. I sigh as I turn again to look at him. I had been tailing him all day now. He was getting a little too close for my liking now. The other 2 leeches Re-birth and Melina were with him. I think Melina is his sister. Re-birth is her mate. They seem to be the ones picking up on her scent more.

It was getting late now. If all went well it would soon be time for me to head to work. So I was going to have to figure out what to do with this guy. I rubbed my chin as I came up with a plan.

Morgana’s POV

I had my hip propped up against the counter when a couple came in. He seemed to be all overly attentive with her. So I tapped into his brain. Just as I thought, he planned to kill her, tonight. Just like he had with countless other women.  He uses the insecurities, these women feel against them. The fact that they are so humbled by his attention. Granted he was a good looking man. Well at least for now.

I smile when they approach the counter and his eyes ravish me, as he looks at me from head to toe. When she bends to look at my treats. I wink at him and he starts to think, I will be the next victim. Stupid fool, he has no clue that today will be his last day on this earth. “Hello, what can I get you lovely folks?” I ask in a sickeningly sweet voice.

“I want to get my girl your best and most expensive treat.” He says in a husky voice making the woman blush.

I look at her and smile “I think I have the perfect one for you.” I say as I bend down giving that clown a good look at my cleavage. I straighten with 2 mini samples that resemble the bigger deserts, I am recommending. Hers is laced with a potion to see him for what he is after she consumes it. His is laced with a mark. It will tell Gridlock he is the next target. I hand each of them one and she gushes at the perfection of the delectable treat. I lock eyes with him as he laps the frosting with his tongue in a very suggestive way. Since he sees me looking at him. My stomach turns from the sight.

Such an idiot, I think. Since my mind is still connected to his. I hear him saying, that is how he will lick my nipples once he kills me. What a maggot. I smile once she pops the little cake in her mouth and I see the instant her eyes register. She looks at him and you could see the terrified look in her eyes. “Um I have to go now.” She tells him. I see the cold glint in his eyes before he turns to her and I send him a wink.