Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Damn that sister of mine, for leaving me like this." I say, yet everything comes out as a squeak, squeak. She will regret doing this to me. But it was fun kicking Chargers ass, while he was tied up. Even with the power he gets from my sister. I will still be stronger than him. I try to smirk. Alright now I had enough of this. I close my beady little eyes and chant. "A rat I am, but now I repent. Please turn me back to a fine specimen."

I opened my eyes and nothing. I was still a rat. "Morgana, I can't believe you locked the spell." Well I guess I can. If I'm right, she's probably bumping uglys with the muscle man. She just didn't want me to follow her. Unlucky for her I am smarter than she is. I looked around to find a way to her. It was then that I heard the purring. Ahhh, my trusted friend Salem will get me there.

So I walked over to where he was sleeping. I bumped him but he would not wake up. So I decided to crawl on his back and jump up and down. I kept falling off, but I would climb right back up. It wasn't until I used my paws to open his eye lids that he jumped up and threw me off his back. I mind linked him the moment his heckles rose and he hissed at me.

"Easy there old friend, it's only me Gridlock." I swore he smiled and licked his lips. "Don't even think about it old boy. If you even try to hurt me. I will castrate you the moment I become human again." He laughed at me upon hearing that. My friend Salem was another Warlock just like me. But he got it in his mind that he deserved to take over the world. He didn't get far with that plan. As you can see, he was turned into a cat. He has to serve in this body for a century.

"So what did you do that piss Morgana off this time?" Salem asked.

"I tied her other half up, and then used him as a punching bag." I was still pretty proud of that.

"Serves you right Gridlock. What do you want from me?"

"Morgana didn't give me time to explain what I found after delivering the mark tonight. I have to talk to her."

"You should wait, she could be completing the process as we stand here speaking."

"I know Salem, but what I have to tell her if more important that her wrath. Know I will jump on your back. I need you to take me to the Jar that is on that top shelf. The dust in there will help me shimmer to her."

Morgana's POV

When we arrived to the place Charger had taken me too, I looked around. We seemed to be buy the water, yet the other side had woods.

"This is my place. I needed to take you somewhere. A place with no interruptions." I turned to him as he came closer.

I held my hand out to stop him. "Please stop, don't come any closer. I can't think when you're close to me. I need to have a clear head." Before I knew it, he had me in his arms and his lips claimed mine. The little shred of resistance I was holding on to snapped. My body started to feel over heated. He pulled away and his face contorted as his fangs protruded his gums. I know I should have felt repulsed at seeing him like that. But I was frozen to the spot.

I snapped out of it the moment he sank his fangs into my neck. "What the hell Charger." But he was sucking my blood, my essence into his body. I felt drained yet revitalized. Because when a witch mates. She gives the other half part of her power. I could feel it transferring to him; I could also see and hear his thoughts. I didn't know if I should be turned on or appalled.

Well hell, if he was going to mark me. I wanted to be able to have him wear my mark too. So I closed my eyes and chanted. "By the power of all that surrounds me. you have seen it fit to send me a leech as a mate. Now a leech I will become, so I can mark him." I felt the pain as my teeth grew and lengthened. From the position he was in I was able to help myself to his neck. He let go of mine, the moment he felt me pierce his skin, he spoke "Morgana, what the fuck" I tried to smile as I sucked his blood into me. It was a glorious feeling as it flowed down my throat. "Where the hell did your fangs come from?" he asked still in shock. I was forced to pull back the moment the air shimmered next to us.

"What the hell, I will kill whoever dared to intrude on us." Charger said through gritted teeth. But it was the squeak I heard before Gridlock dropped to the floor that freaked me out. I know my little brother. There was no way in hell he would have come after me. Unless it was a matter of life and death because it would truly be his ass on the line. But before I could react, Charger tried to stomp on Gridlock.

"Charger no, that's my brother." I tried to hold him back. But he gave chase trying to stomp on him. Poor Gridlock was cursing me in his head. So I did the only thing I could think of and waved my hand turning him back into a human.

He glared up at Charger naked as a new born baby. "You are an ass brother in law." The term Gridlock used made him stop in his tracks. Then he looked down at him and held his hand out to help Gridlock up. My heart swelled with more love for this man. Maybe I was wrong about leeches.

"Care to tell me why you interrupted us. It better be good, or I will be forced to kill you." Charger said as he gave my brother clothes to put on.

"Well if your woman hadn't turned me into a fucking rat. I would have told you before you stole my sister."

"My patience is wearing thin boy. Spill it" Charger said.

"Morgana, when I delivered the mark today in hell. The whole feeling was off. There is something very wrong going on down there. I could not get anyone to tell me what was happening. Only one person said it was your fault. That you should have known better what you were doing. That you are to blame."

I looked at my brother, trying hard to figure out what could be happening. "So I see you marked him too. What a sucker, now you wear her mark." Gridlock teased Charger. He raised his hand and placed it on his neck. Then he just shrugged as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed his bite mark on my neck.

"Leave now Gridlock or I will not be responsible." Charger mumbled as he continued to kiss my skin.

My brother looked at me. At that moment I was torn. Torn between my job and finishing the ritual with Charger. As he continued kissing down my neck all I kept thinking was what to do, what to do. It was the glare Gridlock shot me that made me pull out of Chargers hold.

"I'm sorry, but I have to see what's happening." He looked at me as if I had just grown another head. "It has to be done." I said softly as he frowned. Since we were already connected. He felt how torn I was and how worried I was. So he just hugged me.

"I will be right next to you." Then he shimmered us, back to my place.

I pulled out my magic ball, since I would not be able to get entrance into hell for another 3 days. When the next mark needed to be delivered. "Taruka, baritia, segaricdua, xeratis" I chanted the secret words that gave me access to the dead. But for once in my lifetime, the image did not come clear. "Is that the leech we just put away?" I asked as I looked closer.

"Satanica" Gridlock growled out.

"But who is she with?" I asked trying to make out the other person. It was Chargers gasp that made me break the link. I turned to him as I was feeling what he felt. "Charger, who was that?"

"THE DARK ONE."

.................................................................................................................................................................................

Did any of you see that coming???

Or do you not remember who he is??