Chapter 4

Did not edit...

Chapter 4

Charger’s POV

I was trying really hard to break these ropes. Damn shit, see this is why I never wanted to find my mate. I knew the moment I did my life would go to hell in a hand basket. I was getting angrier and angrier by the minute. When I get my hands, on that little Wessel. I was going to tear him apart, brother in law or not.

I was going insane waiting around for him to come back. I could feel she was close, but could do nothing about it.

Morgana’s POV

I meet up with Gridlock at the marks house. This was always my favorite part of the job. This was when we got the mark to see all the wrong he has done. Because people like this have no soul. No understanding that tells them that what they do is wrong. Unlucky for them, before we send them to hell, we give them an eye opener. I for one am getting close to finishing up here. Then Gridlock will take over. Or so that’s the plan. Unless some other poor sucker gets stuck with this job.

I was waiting outside the house for him. Then he finally shimmered in wearing the most whitest suite ever. “Well what the hell is the occasion?” I ask smirking.

All he did was, smirk back “Oh you’ll see soon enough big sis.”

I just rolled my eyes at him as we made our way inside. The guy was just sitting there on a chair looking lost. “I see you erased his mind. Poor sucker” Gridlock says facing the guy.

“I don’t have time to draw this out. So hear my pleas and give him an insight into all he had done. All the people he has killed and wronged.” Gridlock says and then the mark starts to scream. He then turns to me. “He’ll be at this for quite some time. You should head back home and relax. I got this.” I roll my eyes. It’s his smirky attitude that gets him into trouble.

Gridlock’s POV

I watched as my sister shimmered away. I could not help the laugh that left my body. Boy is she going to be pissed when she sees him. Or feels him is more like it, since I put Charger in our layer. She will feel him the moment she hits home. She was looking a little frazzled. So that means she needed to be around him again so she could feed off his energy.

I shook my head, she’s such a girl. She should just go back and tell the man she loves him. It’s how we are built. You search your whole life for your other half. You find him or her. You fall madly in love. You turn him with half of your powers. That’s it plain and simple, cut and dry. Then you live happily ever after. I don’t know why she’s using me as an excuse. It’s not like I can’t protect myself.

That freaking bitch would not have killed me anyways. Our power is stronger than theirs. I shrug and smile as I look at my mark. “You my dear are going to relive all my frustration. I really wanted to break that damn Chargers jaw. But as it is Morgana will be pissed when she finds out I hurt her man.

Morgana’s POV

 I feel tired and need to rest. Being far from my mate had caused me to lose energy. What the hell is wrong with that boy? That is why he gets himself into trouble. Once I got home. I went in search of something to eat. But for some strange reason, I felt re energized.  I wasn’t sure why this was. The only way to feel like this is by having my mate close. But I left him still searching for me. I also forgot to ask Gridlock where he was last. I frown trying to feel where the energy was coming from.

“By the power of all that surrounds me. Please lead me to my other half.” I chant expecting to shimmer to wherever Charger was. To my surprise, the entrance to our layer is conjured up. What the hell?

I walked through my door slowly, not sure what to expect. But the sight that greeted me was enough to steal my breath away. There was my Charger, tied  to a chair. He was wearing nothing on but pants. I could not help but look at his muscles. I also did not fail to sense his anger. “I am going to kill Gridlock.” I mutter to myself.

It was in that split second that his head wiped around and our eyes locked.  “You came for me?” he asked in a whisper.

I didn’t know what to do? My body started to betray me and move closer. “If I am to let this happen. I need to have a clear head. By the powers of all that surrounds me. bring to me a veil that will block our connection.” Once I had it in place I walked over to him.

“I will remove the ropes from you but we must talk first. “ I tell him and he nods yes. So I flick my fingers and the ropes start to slide and go back to where they were. I then conjure up something to cover his fabulous chest. This veil will block our bond. Not make me blind to all the maleness that is Charger.

He turned to me with a look of utter defeat. I felt my heart constrict. I don’t want to hurt him.  Love him already. I spent most of the evening as I waited for gridlock doing research on his life. He leads a life for the greater good. I must admit that time he spent with that young mutt made my blood boil. I felt their connection, but lucky for me. It was more of a brotherly thing. But still, he is mine and no one else’s.

“Why are you here?”

He turned to look at me. “Your stupid brother, hit me and tied me up so I would not look for you.” He said still looking at me with those eyes.

“That idiot is going to get his when I get my hands on him. Nobody touches my man.” I said through gritted teeth. His gasp brought me back.

“Am I your man Morgana?”

I turned to look at him. “I’m sorry charger. This is hard for me. My brother is the only thing I have left in this world. I could have lost him thanks to your kind.” I tried to explain.

He got up and walked towards me. “But you see woman, we are both fighting for the same cause. I was there to send her to hell too. She was not my kind. She had no soul.” He said as he placed his hand on my cheek. I wanted so desperately to believe him. Then in the blink of an eye, he removed my veil and the power that surged between us knocked us both on our ass.

“What the fuck was that?” He asked confused.

“The first skin to skin contact. The first transfer of her witch power to you. Once you mate. You will be half leech and half warlock.” Gridlocks smirking voice said. Charger and I both looked up at the same time.

“You hit my man, you rat” I say as I flick my finger at him and turn him into just that. Charger shot to his feet.

“I should crush you for hitting me. But lucky for you I have better things to take care of. He said as he walked to me and the next thing I know. We shimmer away.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………