Chapter 1

Adreline's POV

"Mom?" I asked as I saw a vision of my mom.

"Yes Lin-Lin" She answered and then he smiled.

What is happening? Am I dreaming? My mother died ten years ago. But, whatever happens right now I can't deny that I really missed my mom. So I ran to her so that I can hug her tight.

"Hush...Baby don't cry." She said when I started crying and sobbing. Damn! I really missed her.

"Mom? What is happening? How can I hug you? How can..." She cut me off by putting her index finger between my lips.

"Shhh... That's not important baby. The important is just always remember that whatever your father doing is for your safety." She left me dumbfounded.

Then the scenario changed.

I saw two people. The first person, which is my mom, running away from another person who's holding a gun pointing to her. I can't see the face of the person because he wear a cloak. I don't even know if it is a man or a woman.

While my mother is running for her life the person said, "Run for your life, bitch." Then I saw he pulled the trigger of the gun. Afterwards, I saw my mom lying on the floor with a blood.

"Mooommm!!!" I shouted.

"Mooommm!!!"

I suddenly got up on my bed. I drink the glass of water on my bedside table.

Did I just dream about my mom? It's weird. It is the first time I dreamed about her after ten years since she died. And what did I saw? Who is the killer? Is it a man? Or a woman? I don't know. I think I'm going to lose my head because of what's going on.

I calmed myself. I took my cellphone and looked at what time it was. Oh my gosh! It's twelve in the morning. I'll just sleep again.

I am winding around my bed because I can't sleep. I get up again. It's annoying. If I'm annoyed, I need to annoy my neighbors too.

I started a group call with my two friends. And hey! They are my neighbors.

"Hello?" Maicka answered my call first and you can recognize in her voice that she just woke up. I'm sorry Maicks.

"Uhmm?" Kia then answered the call and you can also recognize in her voice that she just woke up too. I'm sorry too, Kae.

"Guys, it's me Adel. Did I disturbed you?" I asked even though I know the answer.

My friends prefer to call me Adel or Del.

"Not really. You just bother our sleep." Maicka answered with a sarcasm on her tone.

"You do not bother us, Del. Promise." Kia answered with a sarcasm too.

"Maiks, Kae I'm sorry. I can't sleep. Can you come to my house? "I asked

I'm living alone here in this house because my dad was on his business trip in Romblon.

"Okay, Del."

They agreed so that I go upstairs on our rooftop because there is a walkway from their house to my house. My house is between their houses. We are all three living alone because both their parents and my dad are both businessmen.

I saw them coming to where I am.

Maicka wore a shirt and pajama whose design was doraemon. While Kia wore loose shirt and short shorts. They are cute. While me? I wore T-shirt and pajama.