Chapter 2

Adreline's POV

I and my dad went home after that meet up. When we arrived at home I asked my dad immediately, "Dad, what was that?"

He was shocked when I spoke because I was not speaking after meeting up especially because of what Grey said. I don't know why but it has a great impact on me. Hmmm...

"Darling, I'm sorry. It's for your own safety." Dad said with a sad voice.

'What? Are they mafias that is I marry their child they will protect me? And what safety? Dad, for Pete's sake I'm so safe." I am so irritated.

"Yes, they are. You're safe for now but after you graduate college, hell will come to you." He said meaningfully.

"What? How? Why?" I asked.

He took a deep sigh, "Someday, I'll tell you but for now just go with the flow." He said then kissed my forehead. "I love you, darling."

I also sigh, "Do I have any other choice? Yes, dad. I know that you're doing this for me." I said and a smile flashed in my face.

"Thank you, darling. Rest for now." He said. I smiled and go upstairs to my bedroom and rest.

I want to sleep. What would happen to me when I marry Grey? Will I suffer the real hell?

"Be ready honey."

"Be ready honey."

"Be ready honey."

Argh! It's echoing in my head all the time. Curse you Grey!

I calm myself and try to sleep.

"Lin-Lin."

I heard a gentle voice calling my name so I open my eyes.

I was surprised because I saw my mom's face again. What? Is this true? Is this the continuation of my dream last night?

"Mom?" I asked.

"Yes, Lin-Lin." Mom answered. I got up and hugged her tight.

"M—mm—om." I cried in her arms.

"Shhh...don't cry, baby."

"Mom, daddy arranged me to marry a stranger." I said.

"I know, baby, I know." How did she know?

"How did you know that?" I asked.

"I'm watching over you and your daddy." She answered. "Remember, just go with the flow baby. Daddy knows what's best for you." She added then left me, again.

The scenario changed...

I saw two people again. One is lying on her pool of blood, whom to be happened is my mom, the other one is pointing her gun to my mom. It's the same event. Why is it repeating this time?

I thought it was the same event but I was wrong. The killer look at my direction. It made my heart beats fast because of fear. I can only see his eyes and a wide smirk on his face. Sheesh! It's scary.

His gun is pointing to me, "You're next." He said then pulled the trigger of the gun. Shit! I don't want to die yet.

"Ija! Ija! Ija!" A loud sound wakes me up from my nightmare. When I woke up, I found out that my forehead was sweating.

I roamed my eyes around. I saw my father with a worry in his eyes.

"Dad!" I said and hug him tight.