chapter 5

After a week of manic event organising late hours, colour schemes, food tasting, entertainment and organizing enterances on the red carpet with all the various agents and security staff I was exhausted.

The Saturday of the event I stood outside the venue directing florists, stylists, celebraties staying in the hotel and anything else that arrived up to the door. Photographers we're already gathering on the busy side walk.
"I'm going to quickly get my hair done and into my dress, I'll be back for five" I told one of the interns. "I'm on my ear piece if you need me" I added. I hurried out across the marble hotel reception area.

A girl holding a garment bag with what looked like a hair and make up crew behind her was screeching at the receptionist.

"What do you mean I'm not on the list. Do you know who I am?" She roared. I paused and walked up to the commotion.

"I'm Freya Ash from Fashion Free we're hosting this evening can I help you?" I asked. The young receptionist looked relieved.

"The lady here states she is Tristan Devon's plus one however Mr Devon has not confirmed his plus one so I cannot grant her access to his suite." She replied.

"Ok let me see" I flipped through the guest list. " Your name Miss?" I asked

She bristled annoyed "Megan Marston" she rolled her eyes.

My blood ran cold Mr Devon had confirmed a plus one with me but it wasn't a Megan Marston it was a Catherine Walker.

" Mr Devon knows your attending with him?" I mekely asked.

" Of course you idiot we spoke only moments ago but now he's not picking up. We have been together four months who else would he attend with" she yelled.

" One moment please" I held up a finger to her and put distance between us. I dialled Mr Devon's contact number.

" Hello" a deep voice answered sending a tingle down my spine.

" My name is Freya Ash I'm from Fashion Free I'm ringing to confirm Mr Devon's plus one please?" I stiffled a yawn and glanced at my watch. looks like I'd be doing my own hair I noted sighing.

" My assistant gave this information in days ago for security clearance it's Catherine Walker" he snapped.

" Yes Mr Devon that is what I have here, however a Miss Megan Marston is here trying to gain access to your suite and is causing a stir" I stiffled a smirk.

"Damn it that crazy bitch" he snapped taking me off gaurd with the off the cuff remark. "I'll be right there" he hung up.

I returned to the reception desk.
"Mr Devon is on his way." I replied.

"Mr Devon is?" The receptionist looked pale. She picked up the phone. "Missy tell Mr Owen Mr Devon is on his way"

" What's the deal?" I asked.

" Tristan Devon is CEO of the Devon Group that owns this hotel amoungst others" Megan smirked. " He'll have your jobs for how you have treated me" she smugly added. The receptionist looked worried.

"Doubtful" I answered. We waited in silence.

Tristan Devon strode towards us. He was a statue of a man , tall with sun kissed skin, black hair and piercing green eyes. He wore a crisp perfectly tailored suit.

" Megan" he began.
"Tristan baby can you tell this idiot girl who I am so I can get on with my evening" she pawed at his arm. I felt my eyes narrow.

"Yes Mr Devon please can you clarify who Miss Marston is to you so we can straighten out this awful occurrence" I sarcastically replied deliberately putting him in an uncomfortable spot.