chapter 10

My morning was spent finalizing details for the Sunday afternoon luncheon. I ran through the details with Jessica in her office. When I was finished she smiled at me.

"Thanks Freya you have been a god send. Why don't you hand the guest list to your new assistant Mia, run through the details with her and take the event off"

"My new assistant?" I asked

"Yes I can't have Mia intern forever and you get so much done I'm sure you will put her to good use. I've also arranged for a small pay rise. You work hard Freya and I don't get to say it often but because you pick up alot of the slack around here I can breathe. I'll be attending the luncheon, it's a smallish event. Show Mia the ropes and enjoy your weekend." She smiled.

"Ok I'll be on my phone if you need me" I added.

"Go have fun Freya. I know it was Sean's anniversary yesterday and you conducted yourself here with such professional grace. You deserve this weekend to exhale."

"Thanks. I'll go find Mia" I gathered my things and left.

Mia was a fashion graduate. She lived and breathed anything designer. She always had an arm full of magazines. She was like a robot with a project. She was possibly the only person who was more organized then me. She literally freaked out when I broke the news to her that she was the hostess for the luncheon.

"Every big fashion editor will be there" she squealed.

"Exactly so focus" I drew her back to the instructions I was barking.

Now that I wasn't going to be there I kept working checking nothing had been overlooked. Before I knew it , it was seven thirty.

"Shit" I jumped up startling Mia " I've a dinner date I'm late" I grabbed my phone and dialled Tristan.

"Hey you ready I have tight reservations planned" he answered

"Yeah but I got ready at work can you pick me up here?" I asked

"Sure see you in ten"

I hung up and began flicking through the sample racks for a dress.

"You okay?" Mia asked.

"I need a dress" I muttered. Mia joined me at the racks.

"I Know just the one" she smiled digging out a raspberry pink satin cocktail dress by Oscar del la Renta.

I grabbed it and flashed her a smile as I stripped off my white jeans and top tossing them in my bag.
"Please fit" I prayed aloud. It fit like a glove. I shook my hair loose and pulled out my make up bag applying a heavier night look.

"Here" Mia trust a pair of black pumps and a black clutch my way.

"Thanks" I smiled. She stood back and took me in.

"stunning" she clapped. My phone beeped that Tristan was down stairs. I grabbed my bag , the clutch and my shoes. Hugged Mia one armed and ran barefoot from the room. The marble was cold on my feet as I burst from the elevator to see Tristan standing there waiting.

"Hey" he smiled

"Hey there" I added.

"You look amazing" he kissed me softly as he took my big bag from me and held out his arm. I smirked as I quickly put my shoes on my feet and linked him. Once I was seated in the back of the car I relaxed.

"So where to? Valentine's?' I asked.

"No I know this amazing steakhouse I thought we'd try" he smirked. We pulled up onto what appeared to be his appointment  block.