Chapter 7

I was happily busy in my office bagging accessories and shoes and attaching them to their designated outfit with models name and arranging them on a rack for tomorrow's photoshoot. Music played in the background lightly.

"Freya" my office phone buzzed. " You've a visitor I'm sending them in" Julie from reception added.

"Ok thanks" I replied continuing my job.

"Freya" a deep voice asked. I looked up to see Tristan Devon standing in the doorway.

"Mr Devon" I replied composing myself. I hadn't expected to see him again following Pam's run down on how shocked he seemed at their encounter.

"I just came here to thank you for your kind donation on my companies behalf seeing as I was in a meeting in the building" he added.

"My pleasure it was a little ridiculous and unreasonable to expect a girl with four room mates to house a thousand roses. Excessive and wasteful also comes to mind" I turned my back and continued to organise the clothes rack.

"I disagree I thought it was perfect."

"No it wasn't" I snapped spinning around a little surprised by how close Tristan had become. " One long stem white rose is perfect. It's beauty and individual worth would have been obvious. A thousand of them blended them all into an overwhelming onslaught that couldn't be appreciated. Their beauty was lost on the idiocy of the waste and arrogance of the display of wealth." I angrily said.

Tristan looked down on me from his height.
"I'm sorry" he appeared genuine when he said it. "But you not showing at dinner was uncalled for"

" No not really. You didn't ask me or invite me. You told me to be there. I can't help it but since I turned eighteen I don't do anything anyone tells me unless I want to."

"Why are you so infuriating?" Tristan asked moving closer to me.

"Why are you?" I asked also mimicking his body language and taking a step forward.

"Freya please have dinner with me tonight?" He asked.

I shook my head
"I can't I've movie plans" I truthfully responded. " But you can pick me up here tomorrow at 1pm for lunch"

"Ok Freya we'll do it your way. I'll see you then" he whispered leaning close.

My body betrayed me and responded stiffening at the anticipation of his touch. It never came he turned and left leaving me wanting more.

I ran up to the movie theater enterance where Mark stood.
"Hi there" I smiled reaching up to give him a kiss. He seemed taken aback but apparently happy by my gesture.

"Good day?" He smiled

"Not exceptionally but I'm looking forward to seeing you and the movie" I answered.

He linked my arm and we entered the movie.

Another lingering goodbye on my doorstep lead to Mark and I having a more intense kiss that was extremely nice but no matter how much I wanted it to it didn't take my breath away like my kiss with Tristan.

"Two guys?" Rebecca asked as I took off my jacket inside after Mark left.

"No I like Mark" I replied. " He reminds me of ........." I trailled off under the subconscious realisation I had just made.

"Who?"

" My type of guy." I weakly added.

Rebecca decided to give me that one.
"And Tristan Devon?" She asked.